It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:33 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post subject: Error Adding Specific Movies to default database
PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 11:46 pm 

:worried:

Hi,

Just updated to latest version and started creating and adding to a new default .cool database. On at least two occasions now, when I go to add a Pack (for example Poltergeist II and Poltergeist III, bar code value 027616888983) I recieve a dialog box with the message "Coollector Movie Database has encountered an error and will now close." There are no error codes or other explainations. Unique situation as this particular selection, chosen from a title search from the Movie Encyclopedia database, apparently has only one option from the database as there is no list of releases. Instead it goes directly to the Info screen with the Add This Title/Cancel options. It is immediately upon selecting Add This Title that the error occurs and the item is never added to the .cool database.

I would have included the error dump files but it seems that neither the .dmp nor the .xml file types are not allowed as file attachments to this message. I even tried extracting the data from the .xml file to a .txt file, with the same result (Will not accept .txt files ? REALLY!?!?!)

So, it would seem that there is a bug that needs addressing in your system, but unfortunately I cannot supply you with the necessary error information for you to access.

Best regards,

WaltD_in_LV

Attachments:
File comment: Attached file has .cool file, the most recent .dmp and .xml files after once again trying to add Poltergeist pack II & III
MyCoollection.zip [53.4 KiB]
Downloaded 272 times

Last edited by WaltD_in_LV on Sat May 21, 2011 12:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Error Adding Specific Movies to default database
PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 12:38 am 

With my own coollection, I could add the Poltergeist pack without any problem. Maybe there's a problem with your coollection.

Please send me your coollection file "MyCoollection.cool" at this address:

hector at coollector dot com

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 1:08 pm 

@ WaltD_in_LV
You could always zip them

@ Hector, How about allowing a few more types of attachments? eg. .cool .txt .xml etc.
I too think that is odd that these files cant be uploaded since these are file types that are often relevant to discussions in the forums.

Also it would be cool if the file size limit was a bit larger than 256KiB. A typical jpeg screenshot for me is about 420KiB. Considering that attachments aren't posted very often i don't think it should cause any storage problems to raise it to 512KiB.

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 3:55 pm 

kakashi wrote:
@ WaltD_in_LV
You could always zip them

It's no use. The released version of Coollector doesn't contain any debug information, and in most cases the produced dump files are not helpful.

I'd like WaltD_in_LV to send me his coollection file, and if I can't reproduce the bug with his coollection, I'll send him a debug version of Coollector.

kakashi wrote:
@ Hector, How about allowing a few more types of attachments? eg. .cool .txt .xml etc.
I too think that is odd that these files cant be uploaded since these are file types that are often relevant to discussions in the forums.

Also it would be cool if the file size limit was a bit larger than 256KiB. A typical jpeg screenshot for me is about 420KiB. Considering that attachments aren't posted very often i don't think it should cause any storage problems to raise it to 512KiB.

I didn't even know there was those limitations. I'll have a look into the forum settings.

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 4:20 pm 

I have change the forum settings. Please tell me if I forgot something.