It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:31 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: beta bugs(?)
PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 5:19 pm 

As I've reported in the past, the current version locks up/crashes whenever I use the scrollbar arrows in a synopsis window. Thankfully, the beta does not. However, once the down arrow has been used, the up arrow is no longer functional for the particular movie synopsis until I return from another movie lookup. There is no scrollbar slider in the four-lines-sized synopsis window.

Also, in the tools/settings/price search, the scrollbar is behaving "funky". I have it set at maximum 30 days. When I click on the arrow to the right, a truncated drop-down menu appears (26 to 30 days) while the scrollbar slider is at the top. I slide it down and the menu goes in reverse (1 to 5 days). When I close and reopen this menu, the slider is now at the bottom (26 to 30 days), the up and down arrows do nothing. Well, there are more permutations, but I hope you get the picture--it is not consistently intuitive or functional. This is a minor minor trivial component of your great software program, imho. Thought you should know.

Finally, the tools/update ought to be disabled until such time when it is useful. I tried it and the program crashed after nearly completing the update(?).

Post subject: Re: beta bugs(?)
PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 5:43 pm 

gigagiggles wrote:
once the down arrow has been used, the up arrow is no longer functional for the particular movie synopsis until I return from another movie lookup.

I could reproduce the bug, thank you very much !

gigagiggles wrote:
in the tools/settings/price search, the scrollbar is behaving "funky"

The combos will be completely changed in an upcoming beta.

gigagiggles wrote:
the tools/update ought to be disabled until such time when it is useful. I tried it and the program crashed after nearly completing the update(?).

Please try again to see if it was a random crash or if it's systematic.