It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:12 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post subject: [FIXED] movie search index titles overlapping
PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 2:35 pm 

I just downloaded the latest version, opened it and then was prompted about the "structure" is incorrect. But when I clicked ok the next window said everything was up to date. I think it needed another step but didnt complete it. please advise.
thanks,
Tony

Post subject: Re: movie search index titles overlapping
PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 2:56 pm 

All this is normal.

Your coollection file (the file with your personal data) had the old structure from version 2, and it has been converted to the new structure needed for version 3. Now that it's been converted, you won't receive this message again.

After that, Coollector has started, and you've receive the "everything is up to date" message because the program and the movie database were indeed up to date.

I see nothing wrong.

tonysclassicmovies wrote:
I think it needed another step but didnt complete it. please advise.

Don't worry, everything's fine :D

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 3:01 pm 

movie search index titles overlapping

Why this message title ? I don't understand.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 11:37 pm 

When i click on the tab for "Movie String Search" the titles and other info are all overlapping and unreadable both before and after a search.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 12:24 am 

Could you please show me a screenshot.

If you don't know how to show it in this forum, you can mail it to me.

My mail address: hector at coollector dot com

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 8:59 am 

We found out that the string search grid had bad settings, settings that normally the program should not have allowed.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 5:40 am 

Hector i still am having this problem about every other time. It doesnt crash but i do have to click on the "minus" symbol for Thumb Size and Style Size a few times to get it back to where it was.

There are a couple of other problems.

The first one may be the same as reported back in Nov 2010 regarding the inability to mouse click on a movie in the Movie String Search. 90% of the time i have to arrow down to get to the movie i want after typing in part or all of the title.

The second item may not be a bug but rather the way it is programed. After I enter a movie into my coollection when using the Movie String Search the screen returns to the Movie Filtered Search not the MSS. The latter would be more convenient when entering movies in bulk.

I think i figured out how to enter an apostrophe or period in the Movie String Search. I press the tab key on my keyboard

Thanks
Tony

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 11:32 am 

Hector i still am having this problem about every other time. It doesnt crash but i do have to click on the "minus" symbol for Thumb Size and Style Size a few times to get it back to where it was.

Another user (gigagiggles) has helped me fix a problem with the grid settings.

Please replace your Coollector.exe with this one:

http://www.coollector.com/Coollector.exe

and your problem should never happen again.

The first one may be the same as reported back in Nov 2010 regarding the inability to mouse click on a movie in the Movie String Search. 90% of the time i have to arrow down to get to the movie i want after typing in part or all of the title.

Sorry, but I can't fix a bug if I can't reproduce it :worried:

The second item may not be a bug but rather the way it is programed. After I enter a movie into my coollection when using the Movie String Search the screen returns to the Movie Filtered Search not the MSS. The latter would be more convenient when entering movies in bulk.

I don't have this problem. Please give me more details, what you do, and what happens.

I think i figured out how to enter an apostrophe or period in the Movie String Search. I press the tab key on my keyboard

Normally, the string search should interpret any punctuation mark as a space, but this has been broken with the release of version 3. It'll be fixed with the next version.

I'm surprised that you made it work with the "tab" key (doesn't work for me). You should rather use the "space" key or the "return" key.