It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:58 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post subject: Print via Vista Basic
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 11:59 pm 

Using my laptop which unfortunatly has windows vista basic on it.

anyways i use search, pull up list of movies i own, and then print to txt it then says there is no file do i want to create it, i say yes, it opens note pad and nothing. No text entered into the window it is only blank.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 1:53 am 

I don't understand why it asks you if you want to create the file. It's possibly Vista related... Unfortunately, I don't have access to any Vista computer right now.

Could you please have a look at your Coollector directory and see if the txt file has been created, and if it is empty or not.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 4:47 am 

part of it might be a vista issue, as it wont let me save a new file to it unless i have admin rights... basic vista bs... but what happens is it opens notepad, and its blank ... nothing is printed into it, i will check on a xp machine a bit later and see if it is just a vista issue.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 5:56 am 

Did you check if the txt file was created or not ?

There's something I really don't understand. Every time the program downloads an image, it saves it into the directory \Coollector\Images\... and you don't get prompted for permission each time... Could you please also check if this directory contains some images.

The only Vista owner I know is my sister, and unfortunately I won't see her before several weeks :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 6:31 am 

so far i think its a vista issue with the whole write files to folders bs. i gota track that down, it tries to create the file, however it tells me i do not have permission. so i try to place the file in another spot and its blank nothing in it. have no problems with xp, if i come up with a solution ill be sure to post it. the data base and everything else is working 100% just the print feature and i think it has to do with vista basically stopping the user from doing anything even when logged into the admin account. i have to check my settings and see if removing that will fix the problem. i use my laptop very sparingly so have not stopped it from the constant announing popup of hey your not a admin when i am.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 2:28 am 

right click and run program as admin, corrects this print issue.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 2:57 am 

taalon927 wrote:
right click and run program as admin, corrects this print issue.

Yes, when the program has admin rights, it can write to the program files folder, without triggering the virtualization.

But the real (vista-style) solution is to write data in the users folder.