It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:57 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post subject: Program crash when entering multi-packs with barcode
PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 7:20 pm 

First I want to thank you for such a wonderful easy to use program. I have only had it a few days and love it.

I have had a problem of the program crashing when I enter multi-pack movies using the barcode search. When I restart the program the movies will usually be in my owned list, but it is annoying having to restart it. I am using Windows7.

Thanks again for a great product.

Post subject: Re: Program crash when entering multi-packs with barcode
PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 7:23 pm 

Are you using the latest version 3.12 ?

Because I think I have fixed the bug that you describe.

rngaston wrote:
I want to thank you for such a wonderful easy to use program. I have only had it a few days and love it.

Thank you very much :D

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 2:33 pm 

First, this app is definitely written by a coder. Just the feel of it. ;) Don't get me wrong, not trying to be insulting. I'm a developer too. I see the consistencies between your app and my own. heh

(cool) Hector wrote:
Are you using the latest version 3.12 ?

Because I think I have fixed the bug that you describe.

rngaston wrote:
I want to thank you for such a wonderful easy to use program. I have only had it a few days and love it.

Thank you very much :D

I'm currently using 3.18, downloaded today (Less than an hour ago from this post) and haven't quite figured out the niche of getting things done quite yet. I can confirm this bug still exists with the program just crashing out. When I go to add the movie, the Pack Name combo box is editable, so I add text, click ADD AS OWNED, and the app crashes without any indication of why.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 2:52 pm 

Pontiac76 wrote:
First, this app is definitely written by a coder. Just the feel of it. ;) Don't get me wrong, not trying to be insulting. I'm a developer too.

You probably mean that the program doesn't look very good, doesn't you ? Well, I have to agree with you, I'm not an artist. That's why the route that I'll take to make the program look better, will be to allow users to fully customize how the program looks, and hopefully some talented users will come up with some great skins.

rngaston wrote:
I see the consistencies between your app and my own. heh

This sentence is intriguing... What is your app name ?

(cool) Hector wrote:
When I go to add the movie, the Pack Name combo box is editable, so I add text, click ADD AS OWNED, and the app crashes without any indication of why.

Oh my god, you're right ! I'm shocked it's that easy to make the program crash. I could swear that I had tested it. Probably I have introduced the bug recently. I'll look at it, and it'll be fixed with the next version.

Thank you very much for reporting this bug !

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 2:54 pm 

Pontiac76 wrote:
I'm currently using 3.18, downloaded today (Less than an hour ago from this post) and haven't quite figured out the niche of getting things done quite yet.

That's interesting feedback. What are the parts that you think are difficult to understand ?