Switch to full style
Thank you for reporting them.
Post a reply

Re: Failed to Open URL

Sat Dec 08, 2012 4:59 am

Ok I made EI9 my default browser and I am getting access to your urls through your application. However when I am taken to your links I also get a "Cant read value of HKCR error". Suspect it has somthing to do with file permmison or where my files are stored. No clue.

Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:14 am

freewave wrote:Ok I made EI9 my default browser and I am getting access to your urls through your application.

Great !

freewave wrote:However when I am taken to your links I also get a "Cant read value of HKCR error". Suspect it has somthing to do with file permmison or where my files are stored. No clue.

"Cant read value of HKCR error" tells me that it's not a problem of file permission. "HKCR value" has something to do with the Windows registry, and indeed, to launch a URL, I use a function called "wxLaunchDefaultBrowser", and the internals of that function determines your default browser by looking inside the Windows Registry.

I have no idea why, on your system, wxLaunchDefaultBrowser encounters an error. But one thing that I can do is to ask it to not display any error message. I'll do that with the next version. When it's released, you'll please tell me if that fixes your problem.

Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:27 pm

Ok thanks Hector; I will wait for the change. I have some other questions about program operation but dont think this is the propper thread to use so thanks again Ron
Post a reply