It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:16 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post subject: The app’s authorization has been revoked message
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:18 am 

Current download (Nov 10, 2012, and also tried again on Nov 11, 2012) refuses to open, says should be moved to the trash instead. Clicking on the ? for more info, my Mac explains:

"The app’s authorization has been revoked. Although this app was signed by an identified developer, the certificate for the app has been revoked. There may be a problem with it. The app cannot be opened. You should check with the Mac App Store to see if there is an updated version of this app, or check with the software developer."

Post subject: Re: The app’s authorization has been revoked message
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:36 am 

I checked my Apple developper account, and it says that everything's fine with my program.

It's an App Store problem that I don't understand, and you'll probably have to contact Apple.

I made a search on the internet, and there are several persons having the same problem with other programs.

This is the most interesting information that I could find, I don't know if it will help you:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/11171246/why-does-os-x-10-7-4-want-me-to-move-my-app-to-the-trash

Post subject: Re: The app’s authorization has been revoked message
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:34 pm 

I'm sorry, I didn't understand your problem the first time.

In fact, it's not a Mac App Store problem, but a Gatekeeper problem. Apparently, Apple has enabled Gatekeeper on Mac OSX 10.7.4, and there's not even a way to disable it, as it doesn't appear as it should in the security options.

http://help.fuelcollective.com/discussions/problems/2857-cannot-run-pochade

To fix the problem, I've signed the program with my developper signature. Please download the program again, and it should work.

The bad new is that I dropped Snow Leopard support, because:

1) I need to use XCode 4 to compile a Gatekeeper signed version of the program.

2) when I set XCode 4 to make the program compatible with Snow Leopard, that compiles fine, but that doesn't work as it should (just one of the million bugs of XCode).