It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:02 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Crash on start OSX 10.7.3
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 2:24 am 

Yes, after renaming within the app they got recognized, deleting the garbage.2010.vision thing.

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 11:37 am 

nickhell wrote:
Yes, after renaming within the app they got recognized

Renaming within the app ? I thought that none of the buttons worked.

nickhell wrote:
deleting the garbage.2010.vision thing.

Normally, this garbage is not a problem if it's AFTER the movie title. The scanning algorithm starts from the beginning of the file name, and uses the longest string that matches.

By the way, you need to check that the file is correctly recognized, because "recognized" doesn't always mean "well recognized". For example, In your screenshot, the movie "Desayuno con diamantes" is associated to the movie "A Breakfast Chronicle", which is a bad association (it should have been associated to "Breakfast at Tiffany's").

With you spanish titles, this problem will happen regularly. You'll have to carefully check the associations, and click the button "not recognized" button to discard the bad associations. And finally, you'll have those associations manually with the "play" icon.

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 4:51 pm 

The second time i opened the app (in first and second tries) i was able to use that window, and import to library. A couple of times crashed when importing, a couple more times imported the movies all right.

Last edited by nickhell on Wed May 09, 2012 8:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 5:18 pm 

There are so many things that don't work as they should... The problem seems very deep. I'd be happy to have one day the explanation, but now I'm clueless :?

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 8:20 pm 

Mmmmm this happened trying to search a movie, some Wxwidgets error:

Code:
/Users/pascal/src/wx/src/osx/core/bitmap.cpp(1101): assert "IsOk() && (rect.x >= 0) && (rect.y >= 0) && (rect.x+rect.width <= GetWidth()) && (rect.y+rect.height <= GetHeight())" failed in GetSubBitmap(): invalid bitmap or bitmap region
Do you want to stop the program?
You can also choose [Cancel] to suppress further warnings.

Note that my user is not pascal.

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 8:32 pm 

nickhell wrote:
Mmmmm this happened trying to search a movie, some Wxwidgets error

Yes, it's a bug that have been reported by several users, but I'd need a way to reproduce it to be able to fix it:

http://www.coollector.com/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=914

nickhell wrote:
Note that my user is not pascal.

Pascal is my real first name. Hector is just a nickname ;)

"/Users/pascal/src/wx/src/osx/core/bitmap.cpp" is the location of the implied Wxwidgets file on my computer.

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 12:48 pm 

Hi there!

I just bought the program through the mac app store a couple days ago and seem to be having similar problems. My movies are on network drives and after scanning them (which works fine) i can go through the list a bit (there's about 1100 files though) to select the ones that are wrongly recognized (that was the reason i came to the forum actually, how can i change this? cause the movies i have are in your DB but just dont get matched to the right file) it just crashes at random moments/actions. It doesn't freeze but just shuts down completely and then starts up again fine after i click 'reopen'.

I have only given it a couple goes so far cause Im actually transferring my files to a different drive this weekend so didnt't think there was much point, but since i saw this topic i thought i'd mention it...

Kind regards,
Cat

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 1:28 pm 

Cat wrote:
I just bought the program through the mac app store

Thank you very much for your support !

Cat wrote:
it just crashes at random moments/actions. It doesn't freeze but just shuts down completely and then starts up again fine after i click 'reopen'.

I'm very sorry about that.

That doesn't happen on my computers, nor on the computers of most users.

What kind of Mac do you have ? What version of Mac OS X ?

Cat wrote:
i can go through the list a bit (there's about 1100 files though) to select the ones that are wrongly recognized (that was the reason i came to the forum actually, how can i change this?

If a video file isn't associated with the right movie, there are several things you can do:

1) if the file was identified using the file name, maybe you could try to associate it using the folder name => click the "use folder name" button.

2) maybe the file wasn't correctly identified because of a typo in the file name => click the "rename file" button.

3) if you don't want to change the file name at all => click the "not recognized" button. The file won't be associated, and you'll associate it manually by going to the movie and clicking the "play" icon below the movie title.

You're welcome to give me some examples of file names that you find it strange they were not correctly associated.

Cat wrote:
Im actually transferring my files to a different drive

If you do that after the files are already associated, you'll have to type CONTROL + L to mass edit the location fields. It's a feature that allows you to replace a string by another string in all the location fields. For example, if you moved your files from "Location1" to "Location2", you'll replace "Location1" by "Location2".

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 1:35 pm 

Please download the beta version:

http://www.coollector.com/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=916

and tell me if it works for you.

If it works, I'll have a chance to make some testings on your system.

Have you been able to identify a bug that happens all the time, or is it completely random ?

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 2:11 pm 

thanks for the quick reply!

Im running mac osx 10.7.3 on a nov2009 version macbook pro

it seems to be random, but i havent gotten past the import screen yet so there werent many different options yet i suppose

as i said, i have only played around with it briefly cause i didnt know you could change the location that easily so was just gonna wait until i transferred the files. I'll be out most of the weekend but i'll download the beta and let you know how it goes afterwards.

the rename file or folder name wasnt working cause it kept giving me the same wrong suggestion. Havent been to try your 3rd option yet though. 2 of the movies i remember by heart where James Cameron's Aliens that got recognized as 'aliens in the attic'?! and asterix & obelix; mission cleopatra got recognized as asterix & obelix versus caesar. There where a fair few others, mainly non-english spoken films i must admit, but also the whole disney collection.

As i said, i'll play around with it a bit more, try your tips and get back to you after the weekend.
Thanks again & night night for now!

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 3:21 pm 

Cat wrote:
i'll download the beta and let you know how it goes afterwards.

If that could work on your computer, it'd be easier for me to try things to understand your issues.

Cat wrote:
the rename file or folder name wasnt working cause it kept giving me the same wrong suggestion.

If you click the rename button, it's not really a suggestion. It's an opportunity to fix any typo that prevents the file from being correctly associated.

Cat wrote:
2 of the movies i remember by heart where James Cameron's Aliens that got recognized as 'aliens in the attic'?! and asterix & obelix; mission cleopatra got recognized as asterix & obelix versus caesar. There where a fair few others, mainly non-english spoken films i must admit, but also the whole disney collection.

I need exact file names. It's not impossible that the scanning algorithm can be improved.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 2:52 am 

Hey, sorry for the long absence but been really busy and pc/entertainment stuff falls to the bottom of the list then ;)
I downloaded the beta as you suggested but after transferring all the videos to the new WDlive nas drive it just won't scan them at all. I can navigate to the folder and select it but then it just says it didn't find any videos in it so i kinda gave up on it. But if there's a quick fix to it let me now and i'll give it another go.
Also is there a way to transfer the license from the version i bought to the beta or not really?
Cheers!
Cat

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 10:07 am 

Cat wrote:
I downloaded the beta as you suggested but after transferring all the videos to the new WDlive nas drive it just won't scan them at all.

So you had this problem with your old drive, and now you have the exact same problem with the new drive. Am I right ?

When you say that it won't scan them at all, you don't get any error message, simply the scan result is empty. Am I right ?

What happens if you associate a file manually by displaying the movie, then clicking the "play" icon (ghosted below the movie title) ?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 11:04 am 

I think I have the explanation. Sorry I didn't think about it sooner.

Your NAS is probably connected with afp, and to make it work, you must connect it with samba:

http://www.coollector.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&p=6777