It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:16 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post subject: Movie Title Search bugs (and some bonus ones)
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:56 am 

It would be great if one could search for IMDB-ID in the Movie Title Search. Try for example to find tt0455957 Goya's Ghosts (2006) without it's ID. It's like you can't search for words with an apostrophe (') in them? But when I went and looked for another Milos Forman movie and clicked on the Director there, then I could get to Goya's Ghosts from his filmography.

It's also a shame that one can't cut and paste in that search box.

And too bad you can't filter your owned movies using free text. Also ordering by your own rating, and director, would be nice.

And it would be nice to be able to add posters to the ones that don't have one on IMDB.

And it would be nice if in the export list function one could browse and select a location for the file and also tick which information should be exported and in what order to sort the list. I'd for example like to get a list with "Original Title (year) Director [my rating]" sorted by director.

Best wishes, Olof

Post subject: Re: Movie Title Search bugs (and some bonus ones)
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 1:26 am 

Olof wrote:
It's like you can't search for words with an apostrophe (') in them?

The string search considers as a space any character that is not a letter or a digit.

If you type the apostrophe, it'll be interpreted as a space, and you'll find your result (you could as well have typed a space instead of the apostrophe).

Olof wrote:
It's also a shame that one can't cut and paste in that search box.

Cut and paste works, but with the keyboard shortcuts (command + C and command + V), not with a right click to invoque the context menu. When I'll find time, I'll make it work with the right click too.

Olof wrote:
And too bad you can't filter your owned movies using free text.

I'm against that idea. Here are the reasons why:

http://www.coollector.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=649&p=4983#p4983

Please note that since that old discussion I have improved the string search to display a set of best results, which helps a lot in the case of single-word titles.

Olof wrote:
Also ordering by your own rating, and director, would be nice.

Rating => if it's the filtered search, use the rating filter. If it's a person's filmography, modify the "ordered by".

Ordering by director ? Sorry, there are many things you can do, but not that. And I don't think it'll ever be possible

Olof wrote:
And it would be nice to be able to add posters to the ones that don't have one on IMDB.

You're welcome to contribute missing (or better) movie posters:

http://www.coollector.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=55

Olof wrote:
And it would be nice if in the export list function one could browse and select a location for the file and also tick which information should be exported

Yep, the export feature needs to be improved.

Olof wrote:
I'd for example like to get a list with "Original Title (year) Director [my rating]" sorted by director.

Still sorry, but sorting by director isn't something that I plan to make possible. It's problematic because a same movie can have several directors, and because this kind of search simply doesn't fit with the way the search works (interface-wise).