Switch to full style
Thank you for reporting them.
Post a reply

My "owned" database movies have disappeared.

Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:37 pm

When I am at the home page, it says I own NO videos, but I have submitted as owned in excess of 740 videos. The files (my coollector) and (backup) files are on the computer, but when I try to "open with" your program, it doesn't do anything. This has happened before and I have scanned my drives. I do not like the printout you submit, so I've been keeping my movies in a separate Word document. Please tell me how to get them back on the board. Thanks.

Re: My "owned" database movies have disappeared.

Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:44 pm

with.one.mind wrote:The files (my coollector) and (backup) files are on the computer

What's the size of MyCoollection.cool ?

How many backups do you have ? What's their size ?

with.one.mind wrote:but when I try to "open with" your program, it doesn't do anything.

Did you close Coollector before ? There can be only one instance of Coollector running at a time.

Please email me your coollection file and your 3 latest backups.

My email address: hector at coollector dot com

Wed Mar 06, 2013 5:11 am

Thanks to your tool "scan your video files" I was able to rescan my drives and get all of the movies back. I had not been using automatic updating for each use because it took a long time. I don't know what went wrong, but the problem is gone, and I've learned a little more about the program.

I LOVE COOLLECTOR! Waiting for payday to reward your efforts! Thanks so very much.

Wed Mar 06, 2013 5:36 am

:up:

Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:28 am

with.one.mind wrote:I had not been using automatic updating for each use because it took a long time.

In the future, I'll implement incremental updates. It'll be much faster than it is now.

with.one.mind wrote:I don't know what went wrong

I don't know either, but as I've told you, you've probably deleted a folder that you shouldn't have deleted. We'll never know for sure, but it seems to be the most likely explanation. Indeed, a bug could have corrupted some files, but I doubt that it would have made disapppear ALL the automatic backups like that.

with.one.mind wrote:I LOVE COOLLECTOR! Waiting for payday to reward your efforts! Thanks so very much.

:up:
Post a reply