coollector.com
https://www.coollector.com/

Incorrect title
https://www.coollector.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1346
Page 2 of 5

Author:  iasimov [ Fri Aug 14, 2015 8:55 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Incorrect title

tt0106656 Dancing Queen [Rik Mayall Presents Dancing Queen] (1993)

==================

tt0137382 The Big One [Rik Mayall Presents The Big One] (1995)
ALSO ROTATE MOVIE POSTERS 90 DEGREES COUNTERCLOCKWISE

Author:  (cool) Hector [ Fri Aug 14, 2015 9:02 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Incorrect title

iasimov wrote:
tt3478780 Stand Up @ Bella Union (2014) make title searchable

@ is skipped like all the other punctuation marks. The title is searchable if you search for "stand up bella union". In fact, even if you type "stand up @ bella union" you'll find the movie.

Author:  iasimov [ Fri Aug 14, 2015 9:58 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Incorrect title

(cool) Hector wrote:
iasimov wrote:
tt3478780 Stand Up @ Bella Union (2014) make title searchable


"In fact, even if you type "stand up @ bella union" you'll find the movie."

Does not work for me in v.4.5.6 (unless scrolling through "stand up" choices was meant)

Author:  (cool) Hector [ Fri Aug 14, 2015 10:27 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Incorrect title

iasimov wrote:
Does not work for me in v.4.5.6 (unless scrolling through "stand up" choices was meant)

You're right. I had made the test by pasting the value, which gives a different result. I will see if I can improve how the program reacts.

Author:  iasimov [ Fri Aug 14, 2015 10:59 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Incorrect title

(cool) Hector wrote:
iasimov wrote:
Does not work for me in v.4.5.6 (unless scrolling through "stand up" choices was meant)

You're right. I had made the test by pasting the value, which gives a different result. I will see if I can improve how the program reacts.


While the example title is easy to search per other key words, thought it worth a note for system consideration. Very much appreciate the consistency and attention to detail which your work shows.

Author:  (cool) Hector [ Fri Aug 14, 2015 11:40 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Incorrect title

iasimov wrote:
Very much appreciate the consistency and attention to detail which your work shows.

Thank you :D

Author:  (cool) Hector [ Sat Aug 15, 2015 3:19 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Incorrect title

Sorry, I can't find a way to make it work. I've modified the program to not select the next suggested word when you type a punctuation mark, convinced that it would solve the problem. But then after the @ you'll type a space, which will select "and" because it's the first suggested word. I'd have to also modify the behaviour of space, but I don't want to do that only because of this title search. Nevermind, I admit that this special search won't work perfectly, but it's still easy to find the title.

Author:  (cool) Hector [ Sun Aug 16, 2015 11:19 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Incorrect title

iasimov wrote:
tt0093715 Penn & Teller's Cruel Tricks for Dear Friends [Cruel Tricks for Dear Friends] (1987)
or
tt0093715 Cruel Tricks for Dear Friends [Penn & Teller's Cruel Tricks for Dear Friends] (1987)

tt0106656 Dancing Queen [Rik Mayall Presents Dancing Queen] (1993)

tt0137382 The Big One [Rik Mayall Presents The Big One] (1995)

Sorry, I disagree with those changes. For movies, we almost never include the name of the director/actors in the title. Only for some TV shows we include the host name.

Author:  iasimov [ Fri Aug 21, 2015 10:21 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Incorrect title

tt3155734 Dark Moon Rising (2015)

Author:  iasimov [ Sat Aug 29, 2015 8:26 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Incorrect title

tt0068801 Kill! [Kill! Kill! Kill! Kill!] [Kill] [Police Magnum] (1971)

Author:  iasimov [ Wed Sep 02, 2015 7:59 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Incorrect title

tt1289396 In Your Absence <En tu ausencia> (2008)

Author:  iasimov [ Wed Sep 02, 2015 8:15 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Incorrect title

(cool) Hector wrote:
iasimov wrote:
tt0093715 Penn & Teller's Cruel Tricks for Dear Friends [Cruel Tricks for Dear Friends] (1987)
or
tt0093715 Cruel Tricks for Dear Friends [Penn & Teller's Cruel Tricks for Dear Friends] (1987)

tt0106656 Dancing Queen [Rik Mayall Presents Dancing Queen] (1993)

tt0137382 The Big One [Rik Mayall Presents The Big One] (1995)

Sorry, I disagree with those changes. For movies, we almost never include the name of the director/actors in the title. Only for some TV shows we include the host name.

=============================================================
AKA per IMDb: tt0106656 Dancing Queen [Rik Mayall Presents Dancing Queen] (1993)
AKA per IMDb: tt0093715 Cruel Tricks for Dear Friends [Penn & Teller's Cruel Tricks for Dear Friends] (1987)
AKA per IMDb: tt0137382 The Big One [Rik Mayall Presents The Big One] (1995)

Author:  (cool) Hector [ Wed Sep 02, 2015 12:17 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Incorrect title

iasimov wrote:
AKA per IMDb: tt0106656 Dancing Queen [Rik Mayall Presents Dancing Queen] (1993)

Even if the IMDb lists it as an AKA, it's not the kind of AKA that I add to Coollector.

If I started adding this kind of AKA, there'd be no end...

Tom Cruise presents Mission Impossible
Brian De Palma's Mission Impossible
Etc...

The IMDb has tons of AKAs that start with "Roger Corman Presents"
http://www.imdb.com/find?q=roger%20corman&s=tt&ref_=fn_al_tt_mr

or "Stephen King's"
http://www.imdb.com/find?q=Stephen%20King&s=tt&ref_=fn_al_tt_mr

or "Wes Craven's"
http://www.imdb.com/find?q=wes%20craven&s=tt&ref_=fn_al_tt_mr

I don't want to add this mess to Coollector. Hope you'll understand.

Author:  iasimov [ Thu Sep 03, 2015 7:52 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Incorrect title

(cool) Hector wrote:
iasimov wrote:
AKA per IMDb: tt0106656 Dancing Queen [Rik Mayall Presents Dancing Queen] (1993)

Even if the IMDb lists it as an AKA, it's not the kind of AKA that I add to Coollector.

If I started adding this kind of AKA, there'd be no end...

Tom Cruise presents Mission Impossible
Brian De Palma's Mission Impossible
Etc...

The IMDb has tons of AKAs that start with "Roger Corman Presents"
http://www.imdb.com/find?q=roger%20corman&s=tt&ref_=fn_al_tt_mr

or "Stephen King's"
http://www.imdb.com/find?q=Stephen%20King&s=tt&ref_=fn_al_tt_mr

or "Wes Craven's"
http://www.imdb.com/find?q=wes%20craven&s=tt&ref_=fn_al_tt_mr

I don't want to add this mess to Coollector. Hope you'll understand.

=======================================
Indeed, the absurd examples you mention would make for a mess.

Since your earlier reply referenced allowing such for some television shows (but not movies), I thought my request was within reason, given that it pertains to one-hour television shows.

Penn & Teller's names typically lead/headline the titles of their shows/series.

In the case of Rik Mayall, these were two of a series of three one-hour shows he did for ITV in summer 1993. His third is in Coollector: Micky Love [Rik Mayall Presents Micky Love] (1993).

I appreciate your efforts to maintain consistency and sanity, and find that much of your logic mirrors my own.

Author:  (cool) Hector [ Thu Sep 03, 2015 12:32 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Incorrect title

iasimov wrote:
Since you're earlier reply referenced allowing such for some television shows (but not movies), I thought my request was within reason, given that it pertains to one-hour television shows.

I was mostly thinking about shows like "Late Show with David Letterman". In general, I kind of cringe when I append the name of a person into a title.


iasimov wrote:
Penn & Teller's names typically lead/headline the titles of their shows/series.

In the case of Rik Mayall, these were two of a series of three one-hour shows he did for ITV in summer 1993.

I don't know those shows at all, so I'm not in a good position to decide. What do you think? Is it better to add those aka?


iasimov wrote:
His third is in Coollector: Micky Love [Rik Mayall Presents Micky Love] (1993).

Yes, you had suggested this aka when you've requested this movie, so I've added it without asking questions. But then I've noticed that you used to request a lot of akas like that, and that probably I should stop you.

So what's the best I could do? Do I remove the aka [Rik Mayall Presents Micky Love] or do I add the others?

Page 2 of 5 All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/