It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:24 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post subject: File Name to assign to Possessed (2005)?
PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 6:20 am 

Thank you for adding Possessed (2005) to the database as IMDB tt4909266.

I have not figured out a file name to use to get the "Scan your video files" function to recognize the movie.

If I use Possessed (2005) it is incorrectly recognized as P [The Possessed].

All the other "Possessed" movies seem to recognize properly.

Possessed (1947) is recognized as Possessed (1947).
Possessed (1999) is recognized as Possessed <Besat> (1999).
Possessed (2000) is recognized as Possessed (2000).
Possessed (2002) is recognized as Possessed (2002).
Possessed (2004) is recognized as Deadly Visions [Possessed] (2004).

P (2005), P [The Possessed] (2005), Possessed (2005), and The Possessed (2005) are all recognized as P [The Possessed] (2005).

Possessed (2007) is recognized as Possessed <Sapi> (2007)
Possessed (2009) is recognized as Possessed <Bulshinjiok> (2009)

I have tried various combinations of file and folder name and have been unsuccessful in finding the correct one. I realize that there is a lot of Possession going on, but poor Possessed (2005) can't get no respect.

Is there a file name I can use so I can avoid adding the file manually? This is the first file for which I haven't been able to find a unique file name that satisfies Coollector's "Scan your video files" function.

Post subject: Re: File Name to assign to Possessed (2005)?
PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 6:53 am 

jfd3 wrote:
This is the first file for which I haven't been able to find a unique file name that satisfies Coollector's "Scan your video files" function.

Yep, you seem to have found something extremely rare.

jfd3 wrote:
Is there a file name I can use so I can avoid adding the file manually?

Why you don't want to click the "play" icon to add the file manually? It's designed for cases like that and it seems to be your only option. Once you'll have associated the file, it's not a problem if you scan it again, it'll be recognized as "already associated".

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 9:24 am 

(cool) Hector wrote:
Why you don't want to click the "play" icon to add the file manually? It's designed for cases like that and it seems to be your only option. Once you'll have associated the file, it's not a problem if you scan it again, it'll be recognized as "already associated".

I am working with Coollector on behalf of my in-laws, who have been collecting movies ever since it was possible to do so. They are in their nineties, and I'm proud of them for even using computers, let alone "playing" with them.

Dad will re-install a program or even Windows at the drop of a hat. For example, a web site has script errors. Re-install Windows! It's half-an-hour of waiting for him, and a day or so of configuring for me. By the time I have it set up properly again, he's forgotten why he re-installed in the first place. Sometimes he even forgets that he re-installed Windows. He once re-installed Windows three times in one week. At his age, he's gonna do what he's gonna do, if you know what I mean. They live across the country from me, so I use TeamViewer to maintain their computers. TeamViewer once came to believe that I was using their program for commercial purposes, as they could not believe that I maintained dozens of computers at the same IP address. As I'm sure you are aware, the commercial license for TeamViwer is not anywhere close to affordable for private purposes. I sent annotated log files to a TeamViewer representative, and after some discussion, they came to believe that I was indeed telling the truth; that it was only three computers with uncountable Windows installations, and reinstated my free license.

So anything and everything could simply disappear any minute and have to be rebuilt from scratch. I have redundant backups of their movie files, so it would take a large-scale catastrophe to hurt those. Dad knows enough not to delete his hundreds of movie files, but everything else is fair game.

I know about saving the MyCoollection.cool file, and I have used the wonderful batch edit file associations many times as he randomly changes drive letters. I can't even begin to tell you what issues I've had with file and folder ownership as he switches drives from one computer to another - both internal and external drives.

So... The simpler I can make my life, and the less I have to remember when Dad strikes, the better off I am. Having to re-associate hundreds of files at once is something that I would like to be as painless as possible. I've only had to do it once so far, and it was such a pleasure to click on "Add the recognized files" and know that everything would be right.

Please remember that they are in their nineties, and I believe that they have earned the right to have my unmitigated support, so when either of them do something that they shouldn't, I just smile to myself and fix it. They've earned that.

If manual association is my only option, than that's what I'll do. I'll make a note to myself for when calamity happens. Seems a shame to ruin a perfect record, though. :)

Before I talked them into buying Coollector, my mother-in-law had created file names like Harrison Ford (so young in 1973!) in American Graffiti - with Ron Howard and Richard Dreyfuss.avi. Guess who got to rename every file?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 12:39 pm 

jfd3 wrote:
So... The simpler I can make my life, and the less I have to remember when Dad strikes, the better off I am.

You should save the coollection file in a safe place.

jfd3 wrote:
I have redundant backups of their movie files, so it would take a large-scale catastrophe to hurt those. Dad knows enough not to delete his hundreds of movie files, but everything else is fair game.

You should save the coollection file in the same place as the movies. To not change your dad's habbits, you'll replace the shortcut to Coollector.exe by a shortcut to the coollection file.

jfd3 wrote:
I have used the wonderful batch edit file associations many times as he randomly changes drive letters.

Well done!

Hats off for taking such a good care of your parents. :V:

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 12:46 pm 

(cool) Hector wrote:
To not change your dad's habbits, you'll replace the shortcut to Coollector.exe by a shortcut to the coollection file.

I just realized that if your dad reinstalls Windows, Coollector needs to be reinstalled too. I think that you should rather use the portable version of Coollector, placed in a location that is safe. This way you'll save a lot of time.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 8:17 am 

(cool) Hector wrote:
You should save the coollection file in the same place as the movies. To not change your dad's habbits, you'll replace the shortcut to Coollector.exe by a shortcut to the coollection file.

Thank you for your suggestions. This one, in particular, opened my eyes to some possibilities, and I have made changes that will help me keep things running smoothly. I have learned that Coollector will take an argument that points to the location of the MyCoollection.cool file (thank you!). This has enabled me to keep the link to Coollector on the task bar.

Kudos!