It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:38 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post subject: Prices
PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 3:17 am 

I dont understand the prices of the database. I cant imagine prices that low for most dvds

Post subject: Re: Prices
PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 10:38 am 

We list the prices of new products only (no used products, only new products).

Amazon.com sells products themselves, but not only, they also have products from other sellers (it's called the Amazon Marketplace).

Indeed, some Marketplace sellers have prices as low as $0.01. But don't forget that you'll have to pay for the shipping. I know that it looks suspicious, but Amazon.com is a very serious store, and I doubt that Amazon would allow their clients to be robbed by the Marketplace sellers.

In my understanding, the Marketplace sellers apply a low price to be listed first:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B00005BGQY/ref=dp_olp_new?ie=UTF8&condition=new

And they probably apply a shipping price which is superior to what they'll really pay for the shipping.

If you think that Coollector has a price wrong, you can check for yourself: click the video, a window will appear with the video details, and at the bottom right there'll be a button to jump to the online store (Amazon.com or CDuniverse.com).

Post subject: Re: Prices
PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 11:05 pm 

(cool) Hector wrote:
We list the prices of new products only (no used products, only new products).

Amazon.com sells products themselves, but not only, they also have products from other sellers (it's called the Amazon Marketplace).

Indeed, some Marketplace sellers have prices as low as $0.01. But don't forget that you'll have to pay for the shipping. I know that it looks suspicious, but Amazon.com is a very serious store, and I doubt that Amazon would allow their clients to be robbed by the Marketplace sellers.

In my understanding, the Marketplace sellers apply a low price to be listed first:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B00005BGQY/ref=dp_olp_new?ie=UTF8&condition=new

And they probably apply a shipping price which is superior to what they'll really pay for the shipping.

If you think that Coollector has a price wrong private label rights, you can check for yourself: click the video, a window will appear with the video details, and at the bottom right there'll be a button to jump to the online store (Amazon.com or CDuniverse.com).

Many thanks for the clarification. It helped me too! :)