It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:48 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 119 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
 Post subject: wrong cover
PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 6:31 pm 

Be Big! (1931) [0029978].jpg

Post subject: Re: wrong cover
PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 6:55 pm 

It's fixed, thank you.

By the way, a few hours ago, you've contributed many pictures, and I thank you very much for that. For your information, you can contribute pictures even for movies that already have a picture, as long as your contribution is noticeably better ;)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 7:05 pm 

what i contributed are just "googled" images, some are higher some are lower quality, but since we miss them and i was over that movies, i took the chance to fill them.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 7:09 pm 

Nevergreen wrote:
some are higher some are lower quality

I know that it's sometimes difficult to find a high quality poster. Often a low quality image will do, because it's the best that can be found...

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 7:17 pm 

i'm wondering for something different now, why you use person images and character images separately? i know the difference, but from my (user) point of view they are same.
If i'm looking for Brad Pit, i'm satisfied to see his picture as person and not necesarelly different pictures for different movies.
i wondering because there are person images which don't fill the characters grid, but also found person image which fill character image as well but have nothing with tha character itself from that movie.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 7:23 pm 

Nevergreen wrote:
i'm wondering for something different now, why you use person images and character images separately? i know the difference, but from my (user) point of view they are same.

I really don't understand how you can consider that they are the same.

Nevergreen wrote:
also found person image which fill character image as well but have nothing with the character itself from that movie.

Please give me some examples, this has to be mistakes that must be fixed.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 7:35 pm 

(cool) Hector wrote:
Nevergreen wrote:

I really don't understand how you can consider that they are the same.

lets say i looking for the movie details for Pirates of the Caribbean, there play Johnny Depp, in "my ignorance" it's plenty enough if i have Johnny Depp's person picture as character too, not necesarely the "costumed" Johnny Depp in his role (like on iMDB)

(cool) Hector wrote:
Nevergreen wrote:
also found person image which fill character image as well but have nothing with the character itself from that movie.

Please give me some examples, this has to be mistakes that must be fixed.

need to search it again over it, but i'll try to find them again.

edit. i dont even need to search very far, above exemple contains one of this errors:
Pirates of the Caribbean 4 On Stranger Tides (2011) [0078276].jpg
has person image: Roger Allam [0072846].jpg
and character image: Pirates of the Caribbean 4 On Stranger Tides (2011) _ Roger Allam [00728460078276].jpg

also same movie:
Anton Lesser [0011971].jpg
Pirates of the Caribbean 4 On Stranger Tides (2011) _ Anton Lesser [00119710078276].jpg

but again i repeat myself, from my point of view this is very OK. I don't expect nothing more.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 7:57 pm 

Nevergreen wrote:
lets say i looking for the movie details for Pirates of the Caribbean, there play Johnny Depp, in "my ignorance" it's plenty enough if i have Johnny Depp's person picture as character too, not necesarely the "costumed" Johnny Depp in his role (like on iMDB)

Sorry that you don't appreciate that picture. We consider it's one of the strengths of our program, and we even give a free license to any user who contributes 100 character pictures.

http://www.coollector.com/earn.html

Nevergreen wrote:
i dont even need to search very far, above exemple contains one of this errors:

You haven't noticed that the character pictures have "char" written with red letters at their bottom left. When we don't have a character pictures (which of course happens very often), the program simply displays the person picture (without anything written in red).

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 8:05 pm 

(cool) Hector wrote:
Nevergreen wrote:

Sorry that you don't appreciate that picture. We consider it's one of the strengths of our program, and we even give a free license to any user who contributes 100 character pictures.

http://www.coollector.com/earn.html

i appreciate it since requires lot of work for it, but i don't consider it the most important thing

(cool) Hector wrote:
Nevergreen wrote:
i dont even need to search very far, above exemple contains one of this errors:

You haven't noticed that the character pictures have "char" written with red letters at their bottom left. When we don't have a character pictures (which of course happens very often), the program simply displays the person picture (without anything written in red).

ok, that's not a problem but then it's not work vice-versa, i found also person name with image but not filling on characters grid (nor character or person image).
i miss this exemples now, but tomorrow ill look for an exemple.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 8:09 pm 

Nevergreen wrote:
i appreciate it since requires lot of work for it, but i don't consider it the most important thing

Hehe, then you like it a little. The overall quality of a program can be the sum of little things.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 8:17 pm 

(cool) Hector wrote:
Nevergreen wrote:

Hehe, then you like it a little. The overall quality of a program can be the sum of little things.

Hector, i already mentioned in one of my posts that i coming from the Collectorz side, since i'm here and commenting almost every of your posts, YES, I LIKE your work and i'll contribute more as my time will permit it.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 8:39 pm 

Nevergreen wrote:
YES, I LIKE your work and i'll contribute more as my time will permit it.

Thank you very much :friends:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 7:08 pm 

The Chronicles of Narnia The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe (1988-----) [0024986].jpg wrong cover, should be replace the actual Chronicles of Narnia The Silver Chair (1990-----) [0049512].jpg

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 8:46 pm 

Nevergreen wrote:
The Chronicles of Narnia The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe (1988-----) [0024986].jpg wrong cover, should be replace the actual Chronicles of Narnia The Silver Chair (1990-----) [0049512].jpg

I've fixed the poster, thank you.

With the next database update, I'll move the wrong videos to the right series.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 8:05 am 

One Week (1920) [0029171].jpg it's a wrong cover

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 119 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next