It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:19 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Often unable to Movie Title [Search] field
PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:06 pm 

Nevergreen wrote:
may i suggest as "improvement" that our keywords after first search and mouse move/click in different section after returning to be marked as selected?

At what moment does the text become selected? If you click somewhere else than the string search input, and the string search input becomes selected, this behaviour will be really strange, and most users will even think that it's a bug.

If you mean only when the string search is not shown anymore and you bring it back, it's a case that happens much less frequently. Also, when the string search isn't shown, you can input directly a new string search, and the string search panel will appear automatically with the new search, even if there was a search before.

Sorry, but for the moment I fail to see how your idea can be any good.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 1:58 am 

Thanks Hector - V 25.9 seems to be back to accepting the ESC key or button without crashing.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 6:51 am 

chgoteddy wrote:
Thanks Hector - V 25.9 seems to be back to accepting the ESC key or button without crashing.

Thanks for your feedback!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 6:57 am 

(cool) Hector wrote:
At what moment does the text become selected? If you click somewhere else than the string search input, and the string search input becomes selected, this behaviour will be really strange, and most users will even think that it's a bug.

If you mean only when the string search is not shown anymore and you bring it back, it's a case that happens much less frequently. Also, when the string search isn't shown, you can input directly a new string search, and the string search panel will appear automatically with the new search, even if there was a search before.

Sorry, but for the moment I fail to see how your idea can be any good.

i cannot explain it better, but you can use it to see it what i mean.
I didn't use other explorers but firefox and very rarely internet explorer. My internet explorer don't have quick search menu installed, but firefox came preinstalled with google, amazon ... quick search bar, so i don't know if other quick search bars works same. I'm not familiar with the ESC key (even if i learning to use it with this apps) but i like this quick search behavior, which means, yes exactly what you already stated: after each search your string search input will became selected when you click somewhere else. This not means that will not filter as previously the results, but helps to quickly change the whole string search input.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 9:58 am 

Nevergreen wrote:
yes exactly what you already stated: after each search your string search input will became selected when you click somewhere else.

Then clearly it can't work. There's a fundamental difference between Firefox and Coollector. Firefox has a search control, while Coollector has a search panel. With Firefox, you select the control and the control becomes selected. It's a behavior that feels natural (the Coollector combo boxes already behave like that). What you want for the Coollector search input is the opposite: you click outside the control and the control becomes selected. I hope you'll agree with me that it's not good.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 1:09 pm 

you are the programer not me; you know it better :yes:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 1:18 pm 

Nevergreen wrote:
you are the programer not me; you know it better :yes:

Not convinced by what I said?

I appreciate your suggestion. In this case, I'm afraid it doesn't work, but that mustn't stop you from making other suggestions ;)