It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:43 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post subject: why? ohh, why? more emoticons?
PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 2:22 pm 

every movie, person has 7 grade to be rated that i consider it's plenty enough, so, why? oh, why more 14 grade, one "+" and one "-" for each grade? they are really necessary?
i loosing myself with some many subclass for rating and all are about only on a bit left or right mouse movement.

Post subject: Re: why? ohh, why? more emoticons?
PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 4:03 pm 

Nevergreen wrote:
i loosing myself with some many subclass for rating

If using the + and - modifiers is too accurate for you, you're not forced to use them.

Personally, and probably many users are like me, I find them very convenient because I frequently hesitate between two ratings. This way, I can distinguish between a movie that is very good, another that is hardly very good (very good-), and finally another one that is nearly excellent (very good+).

Also, this range of ratings will allow the prediction feature to be more accurate, and to order the predictions with more confidence.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 4:30 pm 

(cool) Hector wrote:
Also, this range of ratings will allow the prediction feature to be more accurate, and to order the predictions with more confidence.

The prediction feature won't predict if your rating of a movie will be "very good+" or "very good-". It'll just predict "very good", because it'd be presomptuous to predict with more accuracy (and also because it'll be easier to present the prediction, as you'll understand later when you'll see the new interface). But in the background, the prediction will be more accurate than that, allowing to order several "very good" movies from the "most very good" to the "least very good".

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 6:25 pm 

i understand very well your position but i have many examples where a movie is very very good with unknown actors and vice-versa, very well know actors made poor or mediocre movies. so, 21 steps rating is probably to "accurate"

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 7:03 pm 

Nevergreen wrote:
i have many examples where a movie is very very good with unknown actors and vice-versa, very well know actors made poor or mediocre movies

It's true, but I don't see the relation with the rating system being too accurate. If you're talking about the prediction feature, it won't be based on the actors that are in the movie. It'll use the movies that you've already rated to identify other users that have the same taste as you. From there, it'll be able to predict a rating for the movies that you haven't seen, but that your doppelgängers have seen and rated.

Nevergreen wrote:
so, 21 steps rating is probably to "accurate"

If it's too accurate for you, then don't use the + and the - modifiers. What do you want? You want me to remove them completely?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 7:41 pm 

i was very satisfied with the 7 step rating, i discovered the 21 steps only accidentally, i don't want to remove it for me, but i still think the 21 steps are too much fine tuning.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 8:03 pm 

Nevergreen wrote:
i still think the 21 steps are too much fine tuning.

It's your opinion, and you have the right to have such an opinion.

When I've added this feature, I considered it was an improvement for many users (me included), and not a problem for the others.

I don't see the point of discussing this any further. This conversation leads nowhere...

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 6:59 am 

some movies don't have cover image on IMDB, can we have any option to ad one? or can we request one? can we provide one and you build in?

Our complete set of ccna answers test questions and ccna security pdf study guides you in exact way so you will pass your real ccna books exam www.usuhs.mil with flying colors of Maryland University of Integrative Health

Last edited by alison3492 on Thu Jan 22, 2015 10:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 11:35 am 

You can send your picture contributions at this address......

pictures@coollector.com

For know more read this topic http://www.coollector.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=55

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 12:10 pm 

Like swarupbasak72 said :D

Our database isn't the IMDb database. It's frequent that we have a poster when the IMDb has none, mostly thanks to the contributors ;)