It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:49 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Weird Bug
PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:05 pm 

(cool) Hector wrote:
Sorry for the late reply, my internet connection went down for several hours. :roll:

I've been having some extreme net problems too. Just found out the cause though. My building's ISP introduced a new policy in June. The modem is throttled to 300Kb/s because our net usage is 'above average'. That modem serves about 20 users on 3 access points. I've almost been ripping my hair out thinking that it must have been some mistake on my part since the connection we pay for is 20MBits (Their crappy hardware screws up the 50MBIt service). Hopefully The ISP can be switched for the new month. At this point i can't update coollector, can barely browse and can only use youtube at select times of the day...

:(

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:25 pm 

I feel your pain, Kakashi. I've been only a few hours without internet, and I was starting to panic...

In my case, it was an optical cable that has been cut by accident. They talked about it in the news. The whole region was without internet, without cell phone, and without TV.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 10:43 am 

Ferdinand wrote:
You know what? After I registered it, it stopped occuring.

I have no news from you. Does it mean that the bug didn't reappear now that you're registered?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 8:00 pm 

(cool) Hector wrote:
Ferdinand wrote:
You know what? After I registered it, it stopped occuring.

I have no news from you. Does it mean that the bug didn't reappear now that you're registered?

Hi Hector.

It's the weekend again where I'm from. Sorry to make a reply just now. I have work even on Saturday and am just too tired to turn on the computer upon getting home from the office during the work week. Anyway, the bug has completely gone away. I don't experience it anymore. It's kind of strange though. It's hard to connect the bug to the state of the software being unregistered in my case.

You've been very busy. I loaded your program and applied the somewhat large update. Good update.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 8:15 pm 

Ferdinand wrote:
Anyway, the bug has completely gone away. I don't experience it anymore. It's kind of strange though. It's hard to connect the bug to the state of the software being unregistered in my case.

It has to be the explanation. I'll investigate in that direction. Thank you!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 5:52 am 

(cool) Hector wrote:
Ferdinand wrote:
Anyway, the bug has completely gone away. I don't experience it anymore. It's kind of strange though. It's hard to connect the bug to the state of the software being unregistered in my case.

It has to be the explanation. I'll investigate in that direction. Thank you!

You're welcome. Thanks again for the free registration. I love using it. Ever since I bought my tablet, I seldom found a reason to use my laptop, but after discovering Coollector, I started using my laptop again.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 9:24 am 

:D :V:

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 4:40 pm 

I have just encountered the same problem on my registered version. I am adding some videos as 'owned', without rating them, as I have not yet seen them. Then, when I come to search for the next title, the search results do not show up as normal. Switching to a different tab and returning to 'movie title search' does not fix it, as above, so I am having to exit the program and restart each time.

I am clicking the 'add' button followed by 'add as owned' followed by 'close'. Then I clear the search bar using [Esc] and type the new title. At this point, the fault occurs and search results do not come up. I can switch to other functions, like 'person name search' and find a title that way, so it isn't a complete crash of the program.

I love this software and I can't believe I've used it to rate and keep track of over 2 000 titles; it's so effective. This is the first time I've encountered a bug. Usually, the first I know about them is when they're fixed in the change log at update time. Thanks for all your work on developing this program.
Peter

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 5:05 pm 

astonpwr wrote:
I have just encountered the same problem on my registered version.

Are you using the latest version 3.26.5? Mac or PC?

astonpwr wrote:
Then, when I come to search for the next title, the search results do not show up as normal.

Please give me more details. What do you do? Do you click the title search tab? What wrong happens?

astonpwr wrote:
Switching to a different tab and returning to 'movie title search' does not fix it, as above

Your bug seems significantly different. The other bug happened only with the unregisted version.

astonpwr wrote:
I love this software and I can't believe I've used it to rate and keep track of over 2 000 titles; it's so effective. This is the first time I've encountered a bug. Usually, the first I know about them is when they're fixed in the change log at update time. Thanks for all your work on developing this program.

You made my day!
:party:

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 6:38 pm 

Hi Hector,

v3.26.5 (with auto updates) on PC Win7 x64

After adding a film as owned, I return to the 'Movie Title Search' tab, where the title of the film I just added will still be showing. I clear this with the [Esc] key and type the new film title. At this point, I notice that no listings appear in the results pane, even though the title I'm after may be appearing in the suggestions drop down. If I make a selection from the drop down, that title won't appear either.

I wiull try and send some screen-shots via email.
Cheers,
Peter

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 7:23 pm 

Thank you very much for the screenshots. We'll continue this conversation by mail.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 6:48 pm 

The bug will be fixed with the next version.

Thanks a lot! I wouldn't have succeeded without your help. :V:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 3:13 am 

:V:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 4:05 am 

It was a pleasure to to contribute to the process of seeing this bug laid to rest, even as a clueless lay-bystander posting.php?mode=reply&f=2&t=1216# Thank you for your diligence in sorting this out. I'm sure I'll have a smile to myself when I next see the program auto-update.

posting.php?mode=reply&f=2&t=1216#