It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:31 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Adding Series - Feature Request
PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 12:57 am 

(cool) Hector wrote:
Sorry, those ones I can't fix. The longest matching string is "Psych", and the file is associated to the most popular movie starting with "Psych". You have to add the year.

I'll try to see if I can improve the algorithm. I'm not sure it's possible.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:52 am 

The problem is that they matched 'psych-out'

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 8:13 am 

(cool) Hector wrote:
(cool) Hector wrote:
Sorry, those ones I can't fix. The longest matching string is "Psych", and the file is associated to the most popular movie starting with "Psych". You have to add the year.

I'll try to see if I can improve the algorithm. I'm not sure it's possible.

(cool) Hector wrote:
Most files should scan fine now, except for "Ben 10 - s02e08 - The Ultimate Weapon" and "Ben 10 - s03e07 - Super Alien Hero Buddy Adventures!" which are associated to "Ben 10: Ultimate Alien" because of the words "ultimate" and "alien" and I think it's normal it does that (unfortunate, but normal).

This just crossed my mind: Regex \[[0-9]{7}\] to match coollector id as [1234567] in file path as override when file scanning. :sorry: :whistle:

I hardly use regex but when it occurred to me i thought i'd suggest it since it might prove interesting to you. It's easy enough to do and it shouldn't take long to look for it in a file name .

It could potentially help in certain cases where the scan doesn't work for completely acceptable reasons and it could prove to be quite a formidable tool.

e.g. If I call my 'Ben 10' folder 'Ben 10 [0039432]' then

A:\SERIES\Ben 10\Ben 10 [0039432]\Season 3\Ben 10 - s03e07 - Super Alien Hero Buddy Adventures!.avi

would be recognized as 'Ben 10 (2005-2008) [0039432]'. Those files would probably be scanned a bit faster too. The first folder I'd do that to is my Pokemon folder. There are at least 600 episodes of pokemon and they keep getting mixed up with the countless pokemon movies.
Unless I'm overlooking some fact that would prevent that from being a good idea... ;)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 10:58 am 

kakashi wrote:
This just crossed my mind: Regex \[[0-9]{7}\] to match coollector id as [1234567] in file path as override when file scanning. :sorry: :whistle:

Much too complex for the user, in my opinion (it's hard to find the Coollector Id).

kakashi wrote:
Those files would probably be scanned a bit faster too.

On the contrary. The scanning algorithm doesn't use regexes at all. Applying some regex would be an extra operation.

kakashi wrote:
There are at least 600 episodes of pokemon and they keep getting mixed up with the countless pokemon movies.
Unless I'm overlooking some fact that would prevent that from being a good idea... ;)

You're overlooking the fact that everything will be fine as soon as I'll have made the change that we've talked about. I haven't done it yesterday because I've been over-busy, but I'll do it today, I promiss!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 12:47 pm 

kakashi wrote:
Psych 407 - High Top Fade Out

Psych.S05E09.One.Maybe.Two.Ways.Out.HDTV.XviD-FQM

I confirm that I can't improve the algorithm for those 2 files. It's unfortunate that they contain the word "psych" and the word "out" => they are associated to "psych out".

It's this kind of flexibility which allows the algorithm to associate for example the file name "Highlander the Quickening" with the movie title "Highlander 2: the Quickening".

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 2:39 pm 

I've just released Coollector version 3.26.8. Please report if you see any problem with this new feature.

P.S: don't be surprised, "Scan your video files" has its own menu again. I have extracted it from the submenu, because some users had trouble to find it there.

P.S.2: I've found a way to make the Psych association work .

:dance:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 10:06 pm 

I'm a bit confused by 'use folder name' being disabled - I don't know what caused it.

When renaming a folder I think that the old name should be shown.
- Correction. I realize it happens at times. At other times it didn't.

Now that I have a better understanding I was able to quickly add 89 episodes that were incorrectly scanned the last time and I had pressed not recognized for.

I've used the scan about a 10 times scanning the same folder over and over so far. Twice when i pressed the windows close button on the scanning window instead of pressing 'close without adding anything' coollector encountered an error and closed.
-make that 3 times...

I plan to rescan everything today and all my new(er?) files also. I should have more feedback then.

When you click use folder it switches the right panel to the newly matched movie, this doesn't happen if the 'Associate movie to all files in folder?' dialog pops up.

I love how removing multiple videos works now chaining the confirmation dialogs and allowing multiple file deletion.
..However what if i accidentally press 'remove' for pokemon?
Attachment:
Untitled.png
Untitled.png [ 264.6 KiB | Viewed 5978 times ]

A checkbox to initiate a break might be warranted.
Attachment:
Untitled2.png
Untitled2.png [ 18.74 KiB | Viewed 5978 times ]

In this case would you consider a menu option to 'scan and remove files' to be worthwhile?

There's something else i should be saying but i forgot. Sorry...

---

This is pretty cool overall. That's why I'm rescanning my entire coollection. I'm gonna reset my coollection and see how long it takes to scan and add from my 4TB, 1.5TB, and 1TB drives along with my computer (I wont tell you what size SDD and HDD i have in it :P). In that case I'll probably need to make some requests for quite a few anime.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 10:14 pm 

kakashi wrote:
There's something else i should be saying but i forgot. Sorry...

Now I remember! When I tell coollector to assign all files in the folder to the same movie, will it also check if there were any unrecognized files in the folder and add them too?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 10:22 pm 

kakashi wrote:
When I tell coollector to assign all files in the folder to the same movie, will it also check if there were any unrecognized files in the folder and add them too?

No it doesn't. I hadn't thought about it, and now that you make me think about it, i realize it'd make things much more complex because files would be transferred from "not recognized" to "recognized". In the end, I won't do it, because it's not worth the effort in my opinion.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 10:25 pm 

kakashi wrote:
I'm a bit confused by 'use folder name' being disabled - I don't know what caused it.

I'm sure it's not due to my recent changes. I checked my code, and this button should be disabled only if the folder name is "VIDEO_TS", "BDMV", or "AVCHD".

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 10:30 pm 

kakashi wrote:
When renaming a folder I think that the old name should be shown.
- Correction. I realize it happens at times. At other times it didn't.

Do you have a screenshot? The text input dialog appears with the folder name, which you replace with whatever your want...

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 10:33 pm 

kakashi wrote:
Twice when i pressed the windows close button on the scanning window instead of pressing 'close without adding anything' coollector encountered an error and closed.

"the windows close button" => the red cross?

"the scanning window" => the window that shows the scan progress, just before to display the results?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 10:37 pm 

kakashi wrote:
When you click use folder it switches the right panel to the newly matched movie, this doesn't happen if the 'Associate movie to all files in folder?' dialog pops up.

What right panel?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 10:40 pm 

kakashi wrote:
I love how removing multiple videos works now chaining the confirmation dialogs and allowing multiple file deletion.

You'll have to say "no" for the 589 files, or kill the program.

On the other end, if you intentionally want to delete those 589 files, you'd rather use the menu "Tools->Manage your video files->Batch delete several file associations".

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 10:43 pm 

kakashi wrote:
A checkbox to initiate a break might be warranted.

Or a third button...

"Yes" "No" "Cancel"

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next