It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:37 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post subject: (beta testing) New feature: Series Episodes
PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 7:22 pm 

I'm very happy to announce that the next version 4.0.7 will introduce a great new feature:
to list all the episodes of a series, and to rate those you've seen.

The episodes icon will display the number of episodes you've seen, compared to the total number of episodes. You can rate an individual episode or an entire season.There's a direct link to the IMDb page. Etc...

Please note that the episodes are like the images => when you're offline, you can only see those you've downloaded previously.

The Windows version is ready for testing. Simply replace your Coollector.exe with this one:

http://www.coollector.com/Coollector.exe

I hope you'll like this new feature. Personally, I'll use it a lot to remember which episodes I've seen or not. :excited:

Post subject: Re: (beta testing) New feature: Series Episodes
PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 8:54 am 

I've just fixed a bug. Please replace your Coollector.exe with this one:

http://www.coollector.com/Coollector.exe

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:53 am 

Is it possible that Coollector will someday be able to extract episode numbers or titles from file names and match the files to the appropriate episodes?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 10:20 am 

kakashi wrote:
Is it possible that Coollector will someday be able to extract episode numbers or titles from file names and match the files to the appropriate episodes?

I've thought about how I could connect the files with the episodes, and the only thing I could think of was to display your rating in front of each episode name when you click the "play" icon. But I'm not 100% sure that it'll be technically possible to display the smiley icons (I think you can only display a check, which could be enough, though a little confusing).

What do you mean by "match the files to the appropriate episodes"? Matching should be easy, but what effect do you want it to have on the interface?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 1:44 pm 

First off let me just say... This is AWESOME! 8)

I meant being able to click on an episode name to play it either in the full series episode list. That or showing the episode name in the list of playable files.

I haven't really had a chance to really think through all the advantages and disadvantages but it really would be nice to watch series without navigating the list of long directories and file paths.

Gotta go sleep now.

P.S. TV.com will be seeing me much less nowadays. I'd just need to go there to find out what days new episodes usually come out. It would be cool indeed if it were possible to get that data from some source or figure it out somehow from recent episode dates...

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 2:08 pm 

kakashi wrote:
First off let me just say... This is AWESOME! 8)

:D

kakashi wrote:
I meant being able to click on an episode name to play it either in the full series episode list. That or showing the episode name in the list of playable files.

Indeed, I hadn't considered it this way. Could be interesting. I will give it some thought...

kakashi wrote:
P.S. TV.com will be seeing me much less nowadays. I'd just need to go there to find out what days new episodes usually come out. It would be cool indeed if it were possible to get that data from some source or figure it out somehow from recent episode dates...

As I've already revealed, I plan to add TV listings ;)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 6:58 pm 

Currently best source for episode names and release dates is TVRage and english Wikipedia. TV.com is not god as before few years.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 10:45 am 

mikira wrote:
Currently best source for episode names and release dates is TVRage and english Wikipedia. TV.com is not god as before few years.

I have noticed a few errors on their pages...
Not recently though.