It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:53 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post subject: Change to the picked format addition
PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 8:58 pm 

I was using your program for the first time on Jan 21,2007.

I used it without reading the manual or the help to see how easy it was. I figured out most things, had to view the help for a couple of others.

But one thing I did not see; or is not there; is something to make it a little easier to add a movie when an alternate format is selected from the second box.

I was going along adding them just like I added the ones that were added using the not in the collection box, before I realized that the button defaulted to close instead of add. Is it possible to alter this behavior without messing with the normal movie adding. Or is there another way to do this?

Also, your program has good flow and design when you get used to it.

A1 job. The interface seems strange to start but the work flow is good once you hit a rythim.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 11:04 pm 

Welcome to the forum, and thank you for all the nice comments :D

I agree with you, and I will default the button to "close".
I will also handle the Tabulation key, to switch focus from one button to another (standard Windows behaviour).

Thank you !

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 12:50 am 

It's done ! Simply click the update button Image to get the new version :D

Note: the Esc key is yet another way to close the window.

Last edited by (cool) Hector on Thu Jan 25, 2007 8:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Thanks
PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 5:58 am 

That helps a lot. Now I await the version where we can manually enter items not in the Database. Not that I have come across anything missing yet. just had to edit the format on a few so far is all.

Thanks Don.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 11:11 am 

Of course, it will be possible to add new movies and new persons, but a little later. Glad to hear that it was not a problem for you.

Post subject: Other catalogues?
PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 9:53 pm 

Started using coollector yesterday to catalogue my DVD collection (commercial and home recorded). I have found several films that the default catalogue omits. I see you intend to add a facility to add new films not already in the default catalogue (excellent) but are you going to add other entire catalogues or indicate how we might do so ourselves? I have mostly R2 DVDs and would like to add www.play.com catalogue perhaps.

Also, I had entered 70 DVDs into my 'owned' collection in the file on another computer on my wireless network when I tried to shut the program down and it indicated an error. I lost all the entries. I am now entering the details again but in the local file and I will copy it across to my other machine when I have finished. I don't know what went wrong but it doesn't seem to work to well across a network :cry2:

Love the concept though and I will stick with coollector if it can eventually accommodate other catalogues and externally added films.

:D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 1:39 am 

Hi Clive,

yes, it will be possible to add any movie in a future I hope not so far away. And yes, I plan to provide other catalogs than CDuniverse (next catalog will probably be Amazon, we'll see).

I never thought of a wireless usage :(
Please give me as many details as you can about your system: the program was installed on 2 computers ? The program was running on the 2 computers at the same time ?
I'll see if there's something I can do to make it work.

Last edited by (cool) Hector on Thu Feb 08, 2007 4:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: my config
PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 5:00 pm 

Hi Hector,

I have the program installed on both computers but was only running coollector on the laptop when the problem occurred. My DVD database was in a network shared directory on the main server computer, accessible across the wireless network by the laptop. I have not tried doing this again since then as I am half way through building my database - but I will try again once I have completed it and backed it up!

I like the way you support your freebie product and I look forward to using it long into the future :yes:

Clive.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 6:24 pm 

I'm sorry that you couldn't recover your data.

I will setup a network and run tests. I want it to become a possible usage. I'll tell you how far I could go with it.

Clive wrote:
I like the way you support your freebie product and I look forward to using it long into the future :yes:

:friends:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 12:21 am 

(cool) Hector wrote:
I will setup a network and run tests.

This problem is much much complex than I anticipated, and I confirm that your data is at risk if you access it through a network !

I'm still working on it, but until I find a solution:

DON'T USE COOLLECTOR THROUGH A NETWORK !!!

Last edited by (cool) Hector on Mon Feb 12, 2007 1:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 12:54 am 

Ok Hector, I tell you what,

I won't use Coollector over a network! :D

Good luck, Clive.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 1:07 am 

Clive wrote:
Ok Hector, I tell you what,

I won't use Coollector over a network! :D

Good luck, Clive.

Good boy :clap:

Seriously, I hope it will work soon, because it would be swell to access your coollection from your laptop. It's more than a week than I'm on it, and I've lost many hair in the struggle :cry:

It appears to be a Metakit issue, and I have called the Metakit community for help.