It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:20 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post subject: A few newbie problems
PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 10:31 am 

I purchased the software. It appears the only option to download the file is via Macupdate, which has a reputation for installing benign malware. I'd rather not. Secondly, where in the interface (I downloaded the free version on the App store) do you enter the registered details?

Post subject: Re: A few newbie problems
PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 11:18 am 

Mike wrote:
I purchased the software.

Thank you very much!

Mike wrote:
It appears the only option to download the file is via Macupdate, which has a reputation for installing benign malware. I'd rather not.

I didn't know that MacUpdate had a bad reputation. I'm quite surprised. Maybe they list a few programs that are in the grey zone, but I doubt that they add malware to otherwise safe programs. MacUpdate is a reference, from my experience they're very serious.

Anyway, when you click on "download", MacUpdate directs you to this file:

http://www.coollector.com/Coollector_Movie_Database.zip

which as you can see is on my own website => no problem ;)

Mike wrote:
Secondly, where in the interface (I downloaded the free version on the App store) do you enter the registered details?

You're supposed to buy the paid version on the Mac App Store if you liked the free version.

You have 2 options:

1 ) download this file http://www.coollector.com/Coollector_Movie_Database.zip
and enter your license information when the nag screen appears on SECOND startup.

2) tell me and I'll give you a code to get the paid version from the Mac App Store.

Please tell me what option you prefer :)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 9:09 pm 

I initially had the lite version of Coollectors. A couple months ago, I purchased the full version of Coollectors. The lite version updated to 4.7.3 but won't let me add movies and the 4.6 version which is my paid version will let me add movies, but won't let me update to 4.7.3. I have looked everywhere for my purchase data, but can't find it. Have I confused the program thoroughly? and how do I straighten it out. I have over 500 movies listed and wouldn't want to do them all over again.
Thanks for your help. :hi:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 10:49 pm 

AHC movies wrote:
I have over 500 movies listed and wouldn't want to do them all over again.

If you're afraid about losing your data, please read this:

http://www.coollector.com/help.html#coollection

The coollection file contains all your data. If you make a copy of it, you won't have any risk.

AHC movies wrote:
I initially had the lite version of Coollectors.

Lite version => Mac App Store.

AHC movies wrote:
A couple months ago, I purchased the full version of Coollectors.

Thank you very much for your purchase! Did you buy from the Mac App Store or did you buy a license from us?

AHC movies wrote:
The lite version updated to 4.7.3 but won't let me add movies and the 4.6 version which is my paid version will let me add movies, but won't let me update to 4.7.3.

My guess is that you bought from us. In that case, the update system can be confused if there are several versions of Coollector in your computer. If you delete the Lite version from your system, the problem should be solved.

Please tell me how it goes.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 10:22 pm 

Hi,
I did what you said and deleted the Coollectors lite. My paid version will still not update to 4.73. Yes, I'm pretty sure I purchased it from you and not from the Apple store. I have yet to find a copy of my invoice. Would it be easier to just erase everything and pay the $8.+ again?

I am using Collectors Movie Data Base at my school (I work in the film department) to catalog our movies. I also have about 1000 movies at home. Should I create 2 seperate accounts?

Thanks Hector :)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 11:12 pm 

AHC movies wrote:
Yes, I'm pretty sure I purchased it from you and not from the Apple store.

If that's the case, it was with an email address different from the one you gave on this forum. Please tell me your name in a private message.

If you bought from us, you should have a mail with your license information. If you bought from the Mac App Store, the program should appear in your purchases and you should be able to update it from there.

AHC movies wrote:
Should I create 2 seperate accounts?

Not necessary if you bought from us. You're allowed to use your license information on all your computers (incuding at work and at school).