It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:37 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post subject: Possible Feature
PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2016 2:24 am 

New user here and thought i'd post a request based on some initial usage. Have to say though great product so far - Thank you

1)
I am scanning in collections from disk and reviewing scan results and adding to my collection. I often will get a few films from a folder that are not recognized. I understand i can add to the unrecognized tab (works fine), but once i have added the recognized ones the window closes and i would need to rescan that folder to review the unrecognized ones. Not a big deal more a minor improvement if window only closed when NOTHING in the unrecognized list.

2) In a similar vain, trying to sort the unrecognized list can be fiddly if neither the name/folder options come up with anything, as its a child of the main, i cannot flip back to the main and try and search on a movie so that i could possibly rename folder/file to add. I end up usually taking a screen grab and then do individual searches on movie titles which always comes up good,

Thanks in advance for your efforts

Post subject: Re: Possible Feature
PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2016 3:50 am 

beldeamon wrote:
Have to say though great product so far

Thank you very much!

beldeamon wrote:
I often will get a few films from a folder that are not recognized. I understand i can add to the unrecognized tab (works fine)

You can do that, or you can fix the problem by renaming the file (fix typos or add the year) or by using the folder name instead of the file name.

beldeamon wrote:
Not a big deal more a minor improvement if window only closed when NOTHING in the unrecognized list.

It would be a big problem if you could not leave the window because most of the time when you can't recognize a movie it's because the movie is missing from our database and you have to request its addition.

beldeamon wrote:
i cannot flip back to the main and try and search on a movie

You're right that it's tempting to go back to the main window. But I've made this design choice because we have a lot of nonsavvy users, and as soon as the scanning window disappears from their sight they get confused and don't know that they can go back to it. They just assume that the scanning has finished or that there was a bug.

beldeamon wrote:
I end up usually taking a screen grab

The program used to launch a txt file that contains a report with the import results, including which files could not be recognized. I've made the test and indeed this feature is broken. I will fix it with the next update, thank you for reporting this problem.

beldeamon wrote:
and then do individual searches on movie titles which always comes up good

Do you know that you don't have to scan again and can instead associate the file manually. You go to the right movie then click the "play" icon below the title.

By the way, what was the reason why the files could not be recognized?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2016 4:00 am 

(cool) Hector wrote:
The program used to launch a txt file that contains a report with the import results, including which files could not be recognized. I've made the test and indeed this feature is broken.

I've looked at my code and I'm making a confusion. This report thing is working fine, but it's when you import from a list, not when you scan your disk.

(cool) Hector wrote:
I will fix it with the next update

What I'll do with the next update is display a report about the unrecognized files (only when there's some, of course).

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2016 6:13 pm 

Thank you for taking the time to reply :)

These are just nice to have's and i understand you will NEVER be able to full parse everyone's naming. I spend a lot of time naming the folders that contains the films as i this is my prime way of sorting/organizing/archiving. My normal structure is something like title - foreign title (year) [720/1080/DVDx/BR) French - Eng Subs

I have an example on a folder i just scanned that failed if it helps tweak things (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0092843/)

Folder = The Dead (1987) [720p]
Contents= The Dead (1987) [WEBRip 720p]).mkv

Returns: Phantasm 2: The Never Dead - Part Two

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2016 7:57 pm 

beldeamon wrote:
My normal structure is something like title - foreign title (year) [720/1080/DVDx/BR) French - Eng Subs

This structure should not be a problem at all.

beldeamon wrote:
Contents= The Dead (1987) [WEBRip 720p]).mkv

Returns: Phantasm 2: The Never Dead - Part Two

Thank you very much for your example. To my great surprise, there's clearly something wrong. It'll be fixed with the next version.

Do you have other examples?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2016 10:13 pm 

I just scanned a couple of more years in, and good hit ratios, all of my problems ones, 5 out of
250 relate to "" single quotes or lack of them :P

Eg:
Lets make Love (1960) failed Let's make Love (1960) passes
The Devils Double (2011) failed Devil's Double (2011) passes

I'll keep checking for any ones i can't to get grips with and report back,

Thanks again

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2016 10:37 pm 

beldeamon wrote:
Lets make Love (1960) failed Let's make Love (1960) passes
The Devils Double (2011) failed Devil's Double (2011) passes

The algorithm considers the first words until it finds the movies that match the longest string. The algorithm will forgive if you forget an apostrophe, except when the result is a word that really exists. Because there are some movies starting with "devils", they're considered a better match.

I could probably make the algorithm smarter, but it's far from easy. It definitively won't be for the next update.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2016 1:34 am 

i wrote something similar once to look up and correct (standardize) the artist in an mp3 filename, was no where near as large as yours (the lookup table) and in the case of a scan you need to trade scan speed versus complexity of find algorithm. I used a fuzzy string logic on words and then matched based on that, but would be tough when matching the complexities of everyones naming standards !

I wasn't expecting a fix and i fully understand the difficulties. I think based on my scans so far probably about 97% correct - So i feel for you, and your striving to perfect the logic, just don't think it can be improved much more.

Cheers and greets from the UK

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2016 2:31 am 

beldeamon wrote:
I used a fuzzy string logic on words and then matched based on that

If I do that with our huge database, the scanning would become very very slow compared to how fast it is now. :worried:

beldeamon wrote:
I wasn't expecting a fix and i fully understand the difficulties.

I know it can be done. I know how to do it. But it's quite some work for a relatively small improvement. For the moment I'm focused on much more significant improvements.

But thank you very much for your example. I've added this task to my todo list, and most certainly I'll do it someday.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2016 3:24 am 

Still in the same vain on scanning so have added on the end of this thread ....sorry if that's not how it's done :)

File name : The.Godfather.1972.1080p
Folder name : The Godfather (1972) [1080p]

Returns : The Godfather 2 (1974) for file or folder

(This second one i understand filename has an S erronously, but still can't see why it hits the series, and using folder obviously works)

File name : The.Poseidon.Adventures.1972.1080.mp4
Folder name : The Poseidon Adventure (1972) [1080p]

Returns : The Adventurer 72-73 (Series) ** FILE NAME ONLY**

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2016 3:42 am 

beldeamon wrote:
File name : The.Godfather.1972.1080p
Folder name : The Godfather (1972) [1080p]

Returns : The Godfather 2 (1974) for file or folder

Thank you very much for your feedback, but you don't seem to be using the latest version of the program.

I've made the test with the version 4.8.4 and the bug is fixed.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2016 3:53 am 

beldeamon wrote:
File name : The.Poseidon.Adventures.1972.1080.mp4
Folder name : The Poseidon Adventure (1972) [1080p]

Returns : The Adventurer 72-73 (Series) ** FILE NAME ONLY**

Wow! That's so weird! Here's what I get:

The Poseidon Adventure (1972) [1080p].mp4 => The Poseidon Adventure (1972) OK

The.Poseidon.Adventures.1972.1080.mp4 => Fuerte, audaz y valiente (1963) WTF

I thought that the scanning was perfect, but you make me realize that there are some big issues I wasn't aware of. Thank you very much!

I'm now going to bed, and I'll fix that tomorrow.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2016 3:54 am 

Agggh, you got me :) 4.83

Thanks for checking - Downloading the latest

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2016 3:11 pm 

I've fixed the Poseidon issue. It was indeed a vicious bug with unpredictable results.

I've also added a tolerance to the added "s" ("adventures" instead of "adventure").

If you don't want to wait until the next update, you can replace your current Coollector.exe with this one:

http://www.coollector.com/Coollector.exe

If you spot another problem, please tell me, your feedback is much welcome! Thanks!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2016 6:55 pm 

beldeamon wrote:
Agggh, you got me :) 4.83

Thanks for checking - Downloading the latest

You'll also notice that the new version creates a list of the files not recognized, solving the problem of not being able to switch to the main window from the scanning window ;)