It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:37 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 159 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
 Post subject: Re: Coollector News
PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2015 10:31 pm 

I officially announce that all the persons who've bought a license will get version 5 as a free upgrade. In the past, upgrade from version 3 to version 4 had already been a free upgrade. I keep improving version 4 and don't even know when version 5 will be released. I can't promise today that version 6 will be a free upgrade because it's too many years away.

Coollector Movie Database has by far the best value for money :V:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 9:25 am 

Versions 4.5.9 and 4.6.1 have an update bug. If you try to update those versions and you don't have an Amazon store set, then the download will complete then start again in an infinite loop.

Version 4.6.2 has just been released to fix this bug, but if you suffer from it you'll have to use the menu "Amazon" to set an Amazon store and after that the update will complete fine.

Once you'll have installed versions 4.6.2 you'll be able to go back to "no amazon store".

I much apologize for the trouble.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2015 4:28 pm 

Version 4.6.5 introduces support for Netflix streaming!

You can browse the Netflix catalog of movies and series to decide if it's worth subscribing to their service. Or if you're already subscribed, you can decide what to watch now.

Thanks to our powerful filtered search, you can make all the searches that you could think of. You can list the movies by IMDb popularity, you can list only those that you haven't seen, or those that are on your wish list, or those that the program predicts that you'll like the most, etc...

Are you a Netflix user? Would you like the program to support other streaming services like Amazon Prime, Hulu, HBO, BBC iPlayer?

I'm waiting for your feedback ;)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 11:56 pm 

I've created a page to detail the benefits of Coollector Movie Database when you're subscribed to Netflix, Hulu, or Amazon Prime. Particularly the movie recommendations and the filters.

http://www.coollector.com/recommendations_netflix_hulu_amazon_prime.html

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 10:04 pm 

Software Informer has reviewed Coollector Movie Database and gave it 5 stars! :w00t:

http://coollector.software.informer.com/

Kudos to the reviewer, it's one of the most accurate review we've ever had.

Just one minor detail: "it invites you to play the Rating game, which consists in rating random movies". In fact, it's not random at all... The program suggests to rate in priority the movies that you own (you're more likely to have seen them). In the beginning, the program doesn't have enough data to make any prediction, so it'll suggest to rate first the most popular movies. After that it'll display the movies that it's the more confident about the rating that it predicts. There are a few other subtleties, like not suggesting to rate a movie that you wish to see. It's this smartness that makes the Rating Game really useful.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 10:37 am 

(cool) Hector wrote:
Software Informer has reviewed Coollector Movie Database and gave it 5 stars!

wow it's great
:yahoo:

Just wrote a review and I want invite the members to vote for it :yes:

@Hector Please make the android app as soon as possible
Thanks,

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 5:18 pm 

swarupbasak72 wrote:
Just wrote a review

Thank you very much for your support!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 8:34 pm 

swarupbasak72 wrote:
(cool) Hector wrote:
Software Informer has reviewed Coollector Movie Database and gave it 5 stars!

wow it's great
:yahoo:

Just wrote a review and I want invite the members to vote for it :yes:

@Hector Please make the android app as soon as possible
Thanks,

Dear Hector, I bought an android app for MyMovies. It's on my Kindle, and it's great! Is this what this person wanted?

KInd Regards, Ken

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 8:45 pm 

kenconk wrote:
Is this what this person wanted?

Yep, a version of Coollector that works on Android.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 10:52 pm 

swarupbasak72 wrote:
Please make the android app as soon as possible

Please give me your feedback... What do you expect from the Android App that you don't get with the Online Publishing?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 10:53 am 

(cool) Hector wrote:
swarupbasak72 wrote:
Please make the android app as soon as possible

Please give me your feedback... What do you expect from the Android App that you don't get with the Online Publishing?

Answer: The ability to actually play a movie from a linked video file on a device that is not a computer.

The MyMovies android app previously mentioned is good for cataloging movies but it does not link to video files the way that Coolector does, so you would have to locate the file yourself outside of the app to actually play it.

A Coolector android app could be installed on a tablet for example that contains a 256GB SD card with video files and the app would be able to scan the card and add all the movies as well as their file locations. The video file could then be played on the tablet instantly without the hassle of digging through file folders to locate it after the decision is made to watch it.

Or, the Coolector android app could be installed on an android TV box, with the app being able to scan an attached USB device for video files, also saving the file locations for easy and instant playability.

For me, this little extra bit of convenience would make a significant difference, especially when I plan on watching a movie on a device other than my computer.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 11:36 am 

Thanks a lot for your feedback, it's very interesting!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2016 1:43 pm 

Did you know? To decide what rating you'll give to a movie, you essentially have to ask yourself 2 simple questions:

Is it a bad movie? If no, will you watch it again?

http://www.coollector.com/help.html#movies

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 3:05 am 

In the past, Coollector used to be updated several times a month, but unfortunately this has progressively slowed down, and you might think that the program is being abandonned. It's not the case at all! At the heart of the problem is the compilation of the movie recommendations engine. This process crunches a ton of information, more and more with each version, to the point that it currently takes more than one month to complete. It has becomed a serious issue and a solution had to be found. After several weeks of hard work, I'm glad to announce that we can go back to the good old update rate, with several updates each month.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 7:42 am 

Good work ;-)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 159 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next