It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:33 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post subject: Video Location Filter Issue
PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 4:11 pm 

Greetings, when video files are scanned for the first time ( suppose is a D: drive) and then you scan again the same file on E: for instance (the same drive in another pc, laptop, etc) the video plays ok but the filter button (for search) keeps the old path and not the new one or for instance when I am working with a new path or drive (let's suppossed I deleted on purpose files to make the path shorter but not the real .avi, .mp4). It should keep the new path and not the old one, dunno if you can understand what I'm talking about?

It's more like a suggestion or maybe It's the way it is meant to be.
Regards;

Post subject: Re: Video Location Filter Issue
PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:48 pm 

I've looked at my code to refresh my memory... Here's how the program handles the case when the drive letter has changed:

1) when you click to play a file and the file is missing, the program looks if it can find it with another drive letter.

2) when you scan a disk, the program makes abstraction of the drive letter.

According to 2) when you've scanned the drive again after the letter has changed, I suppose that most of the files appeared as already associated, didn't they? Please confirm this point for clarity.

The scanning makes abstraction of the drive letter => it doesn't notice if it has changed, and the location stored in your database remains the same. I hadn't realized that it would create a problem with the location filter. I think that the solution would be that the file scanning should detect the drive letter changes and correct your database accordingly...

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:12 pm 

DM5 wrote:
for instance when I am working with a new path or drive (let's suppossed I deleted on purpose files to make the path shorter but not the real .avi, .mp4).

In this case, it's more than just a drive letter change, and when you do that you have to use the menu
"Tools->Manage your video files->Batch edit several file associations".

With this tool, you can for example replace "D:\Videos\Movies" by "D:\Movies" in all the file locations of your database.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:21 pm 

Yep! just realized the multiple bacht edit of files and got it just right! my concern was about having mutiple drive letters with re-scans on several computers but with the edit tool you can correct that situation and did it just right.

Thanks!