It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:51 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post subject: Exclude movies and series
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 2:37 pm 

Is there a way to exclude netflix movies and series based on the catalog you've downloaded?

Greets,
mport3nt

Post subject: Re: Exclude movies and series
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 4:04 pm 

There's a filter called "movies vs. series". You might have to click the button "Add/Remove Filter" to make it appear.

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 4:11 pm 

(cool) Hector wrote:
There's a filter called "movies vs. series". You might have to click the button "Add/Remove Filter" to make it appear.

Hi Hector!

Thanks for your reply.

I did that. But it also includes the netflix movies which I don't want.. I don't want it to show the netflix movie's

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 4:39 pm 

I'm afraid I don't understand your question. Are you a Netflix member? Is it the Netflix Originals that you want to hide? The app doesn't know which shows are produced by Netflix, but if you want to hide a show, you can rate it as "not interested". For that, you can either right-click the show, or select the forbidden sign at the right of the rating smileys.

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 8:16 pm 

Look I have a great collection of movies and I don't want any netflix movies or series in my collection.
There is a filter to show only netflix movies like "streaming on netflix" ... Maybe you can make a filter "streaming not on netflix". You understand what I mean now?

Greets,
mport3nt

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 10:32 pm 

mport3nt wrote:
Maybe you can make a filter "streaming not on netflix". You understand what I mean now?

Sorry, I still don't understand "streaming not on netflix". Do you mean "not streaming on netflix"? If so, what's the point? Are you a Netflix member or not? If you're not, simply don't donwload the Netflix catalog and use the other features of the app.

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 10:50 pm 

(cool) Hector wrote:
mport3nt wrote:
Maybe you can make a filter "streaming not on netflix". You understand what I mean now?

Sorry, I still don't understand "streaming not on netflix". Do you mean "not streaming on netflix"? If so, what's the point? Are you a Netflix member or not? If you're not, simply don't donwload the Netflix catalog and use the other features of the app.

Yeah, I mean "not streaming on netflix".

I don't want netflix movies & series to appear .. Simple as that? Removed the catalog but they still appear..?

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 11:09 pm 

mport3nt wrote:
I don't want netflix movies & series to appear .. Simple as that? Removed the catalog but they still appear..?

I think I have it this time. You want to hide the database of 163,000 movies to display only the movies that you own. For that, you just have to click the shortcut "owned" and it'll set the filters to display only the movies you own. The movie database is great to discover movies, but any time you want to display only the movies you own, as you can see it takes only one click.

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 11:25 am 

(cool) Hector wrote:
mport3nt wrote:

I think I have it this time. You want to hide the database of 163,000 movies to display only the movies that you own. For that, you just have to click the shortcut "owned" and it'll set the filters to display only the movies you own. The movie database is great to discover movies, but any time you want to display only the movies you own, as you can see it takes only one click.

Ermmmm... I want the database 163,000 movies to remove(filter) the netflix movies and series... that I don't own!

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 12:04 pm 

mport3nt wrote:
Ermmmm... I want the database 163,000 movies to remove(filter) the netflix movies and series... that I don't own!

It's not possible to do that. I don't understand why you want to do that. Can you please explain?

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 1:22 pm 

(cool) Hector wrote:
mport3nt wrote:

It's not possible to do that. I don't understand why you want to do that. Can you please explain?

I have a large collection of Movies & Series on my NAS. Those movies and series are not available on netflix. That is my choice.. I check manualy on netflix or through an website if the movie or serie is available there. If it is.. I don't add them to my collection on the NAS.
The point is since I'm a netflix member all the movies and series over there I can watch it whenever I want without accessing my NAS. Therefore I want to keep the content on netflix separated.
Here's the thing.. I have such a large collection of movie's that I can't keep track of them anymore which movie I own and don't own. Your program does that perfectly if I set the filter to Owned or Not Owned.
Then I sort them by year as I want my NAS collection to expand the content of the movies I'm missing. Only it also includes the NETFLIX movie's which I don't want.

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 2:18 pm 

Thank you for your explanation.

mport3nt wrote:
I check manualy on netflix or through an website if the movie or serie is available there. If it is.. I don't add them to my collection on the NAS.

If you set the status filter to "not owned", that removes only the movies on your NAS. Am I right that your ideal solution would be to set the status filter to "not owned nor streamable"?

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 7:31 pm 

Yes sir.

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 8:20 pm 

I need to give it a little more thought, but I think I'll do it.

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 8:58 pm 

(cool) Hector wrote:
I need to give it a little more thought, but I think I'll do it.

Awesome. Appreciate it. Looking forward to hear from you.

Greets,
mport3nt