It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:12 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post subject: Netflix watched option
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:51 pm 

Hello,

I am a very new user of your program, and find that it is very good.

I wondered if it would be possible to add an option to the Netflix options to show whether the program has been viewed or not. I would like to remove series and movies that I have seen from view.

By this I mean that if there are 2 seasons of a series, and I have watched season 1, then it still appears in the view, but if I have seen both seasons, then it should be removed. Should there be a third season available, then it should reappear in the view.

Would this be possible?

I tried to use the "not owned" option, and then setting one season as "owned", but this removes the entire series from view.

Thanks in advance.

Post subject: Re: Netflix watched option
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:34 pm 

Sorry for the late reply, I hadn't seen your message.

MalNealon wrote:
I am a very new user of your program, and find that it is very good.

Thank you :w00t:

MalNealon wrote:
I wondered if it would be possible to add an option to the Netflix options to show whether the program has been viewed or not.

To show that you've seen a program, you have to rate it. For the TV shows, you can also rate the seasons or the episodes that you've seen by clicking on the number of episodes (displayed in red next to the title).

When you're not interested in a movie, you can rate it "not interested" to remove it from the suggestions.

You can also mark as "not interested" a series that you've started watching but you don't want to view more episodes.

MalNealon wrote:
I would like to remove series and movies that I have seen from view.

You can use the filter "not rated (not yet seen)", but indeed there'll be a problem with the series.

It's something that I need to improve. There are a several directions that I consider to explore:

1) add the value "series (some unwatched episodes)" to the filter "movie vs. series".
2) add the value "series (own some unwatched episodes)". (available on Netflix is considered as owned)
3) add an option to save complex searches and recall them with a single click. You could have a handful of searches for your Netflix needs.
4) create custom alerts, for example to tell you when a new episode will be aired on TV or when a new season is available on Netflix.

As you can see, my ideas aren't yet 100% defined. We can brainstorm the subject if you want.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:47 pm 

Maybe I could add a new value to the "rated/predicted" filter. That value would be called "recommended".

Predicted => predictions for the movies and series you haven't rated.
Recommended => the movies and series you haven't rated + the series with some unwatched episodes.

MalNealon wrote:
I would like to remove series and movies that I have seen from view.

By this I mean that if there are 2 seasons of a series, and I have watched season 1, then it still appears in the view, but if I have seen both seasons, then it should be removed. Should there be a third season available, then it should reappear in the view.

"Streaming on Netflix + Recommended" would do the trick ;)

Everything ordered by rating (the predicted rating or the rating you've given to the series).

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:08 pm 

(cool) Hector wrote:
"Streaming on Netflix + Recommended" would do the trick
I realize it wouldn't display the shows that don't have any predicted rated :doh:

Maybe I should change the definition of "not rated (not yet seen)", but I'm afraid it would be confusing.

Or I'd have to create another value... I don't know yet how to call it, your suggestions are welcome!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 7:33 pm 

Actually these options might suffice for what I want. I'll have to give it some thought.

I did not really want to rate the shows/films, just set them to "watched", but rating is almost as good.

I'll give this some more thought and get back to you. Unfortunately work and personal life means I don't have much time currently.

Thanks for the reply.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:27 pm 

MalNealon wrote:
I did not really want to rate the shows/films, just set them to "watched", but rating is almost as good.

Rating allows to remember how much you've liked (or disliked).

Our rating system can be intimidating because it's very accurate, but using the plus and minus signs is completely optional. These signs only help in the case where you hesitate between too ratings.

Also the app will analyze your taste to predict how much you'll like movies that you haven't seen yet. If that prediction feature bothers you, you can disable it from the settings.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2019 9:23 am 

Excellent thread..!!!