It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:34 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post subject: Please add "Disable sounds" option
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2019 11:41 pm 

Hi guys,

Recently I have been searching for movie catalog application and I found your solution. Its great. I have been developing my own in java based on IMDB and FilmWeb for several years now, but I see that as time passes, alone I am not able to maintain it correctly so started to look for a substitution ;)
(if you need some help with moderating database, or even if you permit pull requests give me an info, I would help you gladly)

Your program is great and I can adopt it to meet my needs but I have one thing I would ask you for... please, please add an option to mute the program... When searing the title and typing wrong character the application alerts you with annoying sound, if it finishes doing something, the same ;)
I would like to make it stop doing this )

Thank you and regards,
XobSod

Post subject: Re: Please add "Disable sounds" option
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:06 am 

XobSod wrote:
I have been developing my own in java based on IMDB and FilmWeb for several years now, but I see that as time passes, alone I am not able to maintain it correctly so started to look for a substitution ;)

Wow :o It had to be a terrible decision. I hope it'll never happen to me!

Was it a private or a public app?

XobSod wrote:
(if you need some help with moderating database, or even if you permit pull requests give me an info, I would help you gladly)

Thank you very much for the nice offer. Could you please explain "permit pull requests". You can report errors on this forum when you find some. You can also contribute posters and pictures. And of course bug reports are welcome.

XobSod wrote:
please, please add an option to mute the program...

I hear you, but the app makes very few noises, I'm not convinced it's worth adding a setting for that. I doubt a lot of users would use such a setting...

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:48 am 

It is in my private repository, started as a small academic project ;) it is not as complicated as Coollector, but as the time passed, and new responsibilities came, maintaining all private projects starts to weigh heavily ;)

Quote:
I hear you, but the app makes very few noises, I'm not convinced it's worth adding a setting for that. I doubt a lot of users would use such a setting...

Yes, that is true, there is few noises. The most annoying one is when you are searching for the title, and you type a character that does not match the predicted search. When you type fast... it is irritating. At least can you remove that particular sound?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2019 3:11 pm 

XobSod wrote:
At least can you remove that particular sound?

I like to please my users, but in that case I'm sorry I have to say no. I have a ton of improvements planned for the next years, improvements that really matter for a lot of users. You can't imagine how low on my todo list adding that setting would be. Also I don't like having too many settings and I cringe when someone suggests adding one...

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 7:08 pm 

OK, I'll try to live with that ;)
Maybe in several months I will ping you again about that ;)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 7:33 pm 

XobSod wrote:
Maybe in several months I will ping you again about that ;)

More like several years (at least 5)... :D