It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:22 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post subject: Arkin and Arkin and Begley and Begley
PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 5:01 am 

This a great program. I never realized how many movies I'd watched until I started using this program to rate them.

One problem: On the Adam Arkin page, there's a picture of his father Alan Arkin. Simple mistake, only a two letter difference between them.

Also: Simularly, some of Ed Begley's movies are listed on his son, Ed Begley Jr.'s page and vice versa. I think Ed Begley died in 1970, so he shouldn't have any after that, and Ed Begley Jr. started acting in 1967, so he shouldn't have any before that. Also, I just noticed you have no picture for Ed Begly Jr., but you have a picture that looks like E.B.J. on the E.B. page.

Still these are only minor complaints for a program with over 129 thousand people listed in it. I always look forward to your updates.

Post subject: Re: Arkin and Arkin and Begley and Begley
PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 12:38 pm 

CrispyDave88 wrote:
This a great program.

Thank you very much !

CrispyDave88 wrote:
I never realized how many movies I'd watched until I started using this program to rate them.

It's also my favorite use of the program, as I find it very rewarding !

It's easier to decide what movie to watch, by having a look at actors/directors filmographies tainted with my taste. Also, I like to list all the movies I've seen, from best to worst.

Not everybody owns hundreds of DVDs, but everybody has seen thousands of movies.

CrispyDave88 wrote:
One problem: On the Adam Arkin page, there's a picture of his father Alan Arkin. Simple mistake, only a two letter difference between them.

Also, I just noticed you have no picture for Ed Begly Jr., but you have a picture that looks like E.B.J. on the E.B. page.

The pictures have been fixed, thanks !

CrispyDave88 wrote:
Also: Simularly, some of Ed Begley's movies are listed on his son, Ed Begley Jr.'s page and vice versa. I think Ed Begley died in 1970, so he shouldn't have any after that, and Ed Begley Jr. started acting in 1967, so he shouldn't have any before that.

Unfortunately, it's too late for version 2.59 (which was just released), but it will be fixed with version 2.60.

P.S: your movie requests also arrived slightly too late for 2.59, but will be added to 2.60.