It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:53 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 105 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: Request missing VIDEOS
PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2021 10:22 am 

UPC 786936863994
tt4566758 Mulan (Blu-ray)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2021 12:00 pm 

bargeo wrote:
(cool) Hector wrote:
bargeo wrote:
Now scanned another 6 titles for 4 barcodes not there. I feel this will be slow going in Australia

I thought I was fine with australian videos, but visibly I was not, thanks for making me realize it.

Good news is I found a better source of info. Give me 1 month and the database will improve significantly.

Great Thanks. I will wait as very slow going at present. :yes:

Hi Hector. Is the new Australian database ready yet? If so how do I get this? Many thanks.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2021 2:42 pm 

bargeo wrote:
Is the new Australian database ready yet? If so how do I get this? Many thanks.

I've added thousands of australian DVDs with the previous version, and with the next one I will add even more.

Unfortunately, the australian website I'm using lists a DVD only if it's currently available for sale. When a DVD becomes out of stock, the page still exists, but I have no way to find it. As a result, I'm missing some DVDs (no idea how many) which I can find only after you've told me their barcodes.

The new version will be available this week-end. You'll be able to start scanning your collection and report the missing DVDs (hopefully there won't be too many, but it's the best I can do).

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2021 12:05 am 

(cool) Hector wrote:
bargeo wrote:
Is the new Australian database ready yet? If so how do I get this? Many thanks.

I've added thousands of australian DVDs with the previous version, and with the next one I will add even more.

Unfortunately, the australian website I'm using lists a DVD only if it's currently available for sale. When a DVD becomes out of stock, the page still exists, but I have no way to find it. As a result, I'm missing some DVDs (no idea how many) which I can find only after you've told me their barcodes.

The new version will be available this week-end. You'll be able to start scanning your collection and report the missing DVDs (hopefully there won't be too many, but it's the best I can do).

Thank you. Where do I go to get the new database (.dat file)? I was reading in one of the threads somewhere that you needed to download and install the entire program again just to get the later database, is this correct?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2021 12:36 am 

bargeo wrote:
Where do I go to get the new database (.dat file)?

Unless you've unchecked automatic update, the app checks on startup if there's any new update. If you've unchecked automatic update, then you'll have to check manually by using the menu "Tools->Update".

Aren't you running the latest version 4.17.4? You can see your version number in the title bar of the app...

bargeo wrote:
I was reading in one of the threads somewhere that you needed to download and install the entire program again just to get the later database, is this correct?[/color]

The guy had an issue with the update. To my knowledge, he was the only one with such an issue, and he's been able to fix his computer to make it work.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2021 4:05 am 

(cool) Hector wrote:
bargeo wrote:
Where do I go to get the new database (.dat file)?

Unless you've unchecked automatic update, the app checks on startup if there's any new update. If you've unchecked automatic update, then you'll have to check manually by using the menu "Tools->Update".

Aren't you running the latest version 4.17.4? You can see your version number in the title bar of the app...

bargeo wrote:
I was reading in one of the threads somewhere that you needed to download and install the entire program again just to get the later database, is this correct?[/color]

The guy had an issue with the update. To my knowledge, he was the only one with such an issue, and he's been able to fix his computer to make it work.

No, Was running 4.17.3 as you sent (the new exe file) when I had the issues around failure when hovering over icons. OK manually updated in tools and ticked automatic download. Thanks.

OK I have entered the program several times now. Each time it automatically downloads an update. I close and re-start, and again it updates but still only shows 'Portable Coollector Movie Database v4.17.3! what am I doing wrong now?

In explorer it shows X:\Coollector\Databases\english.movies.dat modified 18/01/2021 4.29pm size 437,416 KB despite having gone into the database now many times and every time it uploads.

Also pressing re-start button does not re-start but just closes. I then need to re-open program.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2021 8:08 am 

You don't seem to be doing anything wrong, you seem to have the same update issue.

Please update by installing the app over your previous install (no need to uninstall anything).

Here's the portable install file:

https://www.coollector.com/Coollector_4_17_4_Portable_Setup.exe

You'll please tell me if you keep having install issues in the future.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2021 11:32 am 

I was testing updating from 4.17.3 to 4.17.4 and for one minute I thought I had been able to reproduce the issue as nothing happened after I clicked the button "restart Coollector". But after an abnormally long time, maybe 2 minutes, the updater finally appeared... Normally it takes only a few seconds, I don't know if it's the consequence of a Microsoft update, I'll keep an eye on it...

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2021 4:55 am 

(cool) Hector wrote:
I was testing updating from 4.17.3 to 4.17.4 and for one minute I thought I had been able to reproduce the issue as nothing happened after I clicked the button "restart Coollector". But after an abnormally long time, maybe 2 minutes, the updater finally appeared... Normally it takes only a few seconds, I don't know if it's the consequence of a Microsoft update, I'll keep an eye on it...

I am awaiting you next update to test my theory. I suspect if opening from my Synology NAS drive (X:\) then it will have difficulty. I have put a copy on my D:\ drive which is directly attached to my computer. If I am right then that one will update while my NAS copy will not. That will cause me a lot of angst as I won't really know when you have updated. Also it will mean I need to keep two copies running and updated and not get confused with which is current, etc.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2021 4:58 am 

Now running 4.17.4. Scanned 4 movies. Two worked, two did not. That is a 50% hit rate for me in Australia at present, so not thrilled. I will just need to wait until you get a larger database. The ones it did not find are:

UPC 9325336001554
tt0082031 arthur DVD R4

UPC 9321337108803
tt0455824 Australia DVD R4

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2021 7:42 am 

I decided to scan a few more titles to see if the result was truly 50/50.
from a further 17 Titles scanned there were 7 not showing and 1 pack incorrect, ie 21 titles for 10 not there / incorrect, so close enough to 50/50. Can you please let me know when you think things are a lot closer (say 75%) - many, many thanks:

UPC 9321337035734
tt0280460 The Banger Sisters DVD R4

UPC 9321337067926
tt0430912 Basic Instinct 2 Uncut Version (the version you could not see in theatres - 111 minutes)

UPC 9324915060876
tt0086960 Beverly Hills Cop DVD R4

UPC 9324915061262
tt0092644 Beverly Hills Cop II

UPC 9317485442296
tt0105175 Beyond Justice DVD R4

UPC 9317731024825
tt0096945 Blind Fury

UPC 9325336013717
tt 0309377 Blood Work

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2021 10:46 am 

bargeo wrote:
I suspect if opening from my Synology NAS drive (X:\) then it will have difficulty.

I doubt it's the explanation. Coollector is run by the Windows OS of your computer and your NAS drive is just a hard disk like any other. When you launch the update, it's handled by Windows and the UAC (User Account Crontrol) asks you if you want to allow the updater to run or not. Do you get that message?

bargeo wrote:
I won't really know when you have updated.

When Coollector is running, it connects to the internet to detect if a new update is available. The location on disk doesn't have any influence.

bargeo wrote:
Also it will mean I need to keep two copies running and updated and not get confused with which is current, etc.

2 copies of the portable version? That would mean 2 different databases...

bargeo wrote:
Can you please let me know when you think things are a lot closer (say 75%)

Hard to tell but your results are indeed quite disappointing, I'm afraid it could take as long as 2 or 3 months...

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2021 12:20 pm 

(cool) Hector wrote:
bargeo wrote:
I suspect if opening from my Synology NAS drive (X:\) then it will have difficulty.

I doubt it's the explanation. Coollector is run by the Windows OS of your computer and your NAS drive is just a hard disk like any other. When you launch the update, it's handled by Windows and the UAC (User Account Crontrol) asks you if you want to allow the updater to run or not. Do you get that message?
Quote:
possibly. NAS have own inbuilt 'computer' using Linex OS. I could not get your portable software to ever install directly to my NAS drive. I always have to install on a c: or D:, indeed even a thumb drive that connects direct to the computer. Your software will not find anyother type of drive. Thus even though I can use the software on the NAS, and even opens the updater and downloads, it won't install and every time I open it it is the original pre-download version.

bargeo wrote:
I won't really know when you have updated.

When Coollector is running, it connects to the internet to detect if a new update is available. The location on disk doesn't have any influence.

bargeo wrote:
Also it will mean I need to keep two copies running and updated and not get confused with which is current, etc.

2 copies of the portable version? That would mean 2 different databases...

bargeo wrote:
Can you please let me know when you think things are a lot closer (say 75%)

Hard to tell but your results are indeed quite disappointing, I'm afraid it could take as long as 2 or 3 months...

Quote:
I guess I will have no other option but to wait :cry:

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2021 12:33 pm 

I've checked the new version and none of the barcodes you've given were added because the videos are not listed on the australian websites because they're not currently available for sale. The 50% success rate should improve as I add more australian videos, but not by much I'm afraid.

I survey the videos for sale on many websites worldwide, but it looks like I've missed the wagon for your old autralian DVDs. The only remaining solution is to request the missing videos here, but I'd understand if it's too much hassle in your case.

:worried:

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2021 1:40 pm 

(cool) Hector wrote:
I've checked the new version and none of the barcodes you've given were added because the videos are not listed on the australian websites because they're not currently available for sale. The 50% success rate should improve as I add more australian videos, but not by much I'm afraid.

I survey the videos for sale on many websites worldwide, but it looks like I've missed the wagon for your old autralian DVDs. The only remaining solution is to request the missing videos here, but I'd understand if it's too much hassle in your case.

:worried:

oh bugger... This could be quite a slog... Whatever you can do I would appreciate. This just may take me a long while to complete as time is presently a hard thing to find. Thanks again for the effort. I will just have to work away at it in dribs and drabs. :worried:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 105 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next