It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:09 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Database install other than default
PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2021 9:48 am 

Ok, I thought I would try something over my previous attempt above incase 'mapping' of drive cases an issue. I decided to open program using:
\\XXX.XXX.X.X(my IP address on my network)\cas\Coollector\coolector.exe (X:\ is mapped to the cas folder so folder collector appears as X:\coollector).

The program opened fine and downloaded. However pressing the restart again failed to open the install feature. Restarting also showed the program still at 4.17.4 :( So that is not the answer either. Back to you!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2021 10:49 am 

Thank you for your feedback, I will make some testing later today on my NAS.

For your information, when you update the portable version, it should download Coollector_Updater.exe inside the folder "X:\coollector\Tmp\". Coollector_Updater.exe is almost the same installer as when you install Coollector for the first time. Then Coollector closes just after having asked Windows to run Coollector_Updater.exe. I don't know what goes wrong, could you please check if Coollector_Updater.exe is correctly downloaded and not blocked by your antivirus.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2021 11:36 am 

My Anti-virus is Webroot. and if this was blocking it, it would block it for the install to my D:\ drive as well, but does not. So I am doubtful this is occurring.

In the X:\ (NAS) drive Tmp folder (ver 4.17.3 still) I currently only have the file X_Coollector_MyCoollection.cool showing after the supposed download, while in the D:\ (my SD card) Tmp folder (now ver 4.17.5) I only have the file 'CoollectorUpdater.exe' showing. Pre update attempts on both copies the tmp folders for both were empty.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2021 11:58 am 

bargeo wrote:
My Anti-virus is Webroot. and if this was blocking it, it would block it for the install to my D:\ drive as well

Not necessarily, an anti-virus not only analyzes files, is also analyzes behaviours (it's called heuristic). It could consider a behaviour suspicious depending on the location even though it involves the same files.

bargeo wrote:
In the X:\ (NAS) drive Tmp folder (ver 4.17.3 still) I currently only have the file X_Coollector_MyCoollection.cool showing after the supposed download

Even while the file is downloading, you don't see it at all in the Tmp folder? We need to determined if the file is downloaded to a wrong location of if it's blocked altogether...

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2021 12:14 pm 

I will send you an email with some pictures re my related discovery.