It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:27 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post subject: Can't open program?
PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 3:36 am 

Hey there guys,

I just downloaded Coollector in order to keep track of the movies I have watched (I'm tired of keeping giant spreadsheets), but whenever I try to open the program it says it's connecting to the server, and then just "fails to respond"?

I'm running Windows 7 on a more than capable computer and downloaded 2.80 from the links you guys provided, so I don't know what is wrong...

Post subject: Re: Can't open program?
PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:28 am 

Brazilian wrote:
whenever I try to open the program it says it's connecting to the server, and then just "fails to respond"?

Ok, so the program can't connect to the update server... But can the program download pictures ? Are some pictures showing ?

Because if the program can't connect to the internet at all, it's probably a firewall problem. You must configure your firewall to allow Coollector to connect to the internet. Maybe you could temporarily disable your firewall, to see if it's really the culprit.

P.S: I assumed that your computer is connected to the internet. Because if you use Coollector with your computer offline (it's possible, simply you won't have pictures), you should uncheck "automatically check for updates when the program starts" at the bottom of the window.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 4:57 pm 

Yeah... it is connected to the Internet.

For some strange reason, I opened up the program today and it started working... don't know why :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 6:16 pm 

Brazilian wrote:
Yeah... it is connected to the Internet.

Sorry, I had to ask...

Brazilian wrote:
For some strange reason, I opened up the program today and it started working... don't know why :roll:

It's strange indeed. Probably a firewall weirdness.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 3:11 am 

I'm extremely happy it works now, as it does EXACTLY what I want it to do quickly, efficiently, and easily while still being able to withhold a lot of data. I plan on updating this to my "Life Stick," (a.k.a. the giant USB drive I keep everything important on) so that I can have it with me on the go!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 6:27 am 

Brazilian wrote:
I'm extremely happy it works now, as it does EXACTLY what I want it to do quickly, efficiently, and easily while still being able to withhold a lot of data.

:D :D :D

Brazilian wrote:
I plan on updating this to my "Life Stick," (a.k.a. the giant USB drive I keep everything important on) so that I can have it with me on the go!

Do you know we have a portable version (for USB keys) ?

http://www.portablefreeware.com/index.php?id=1556