It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:31 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 10:24 am 

wg55 wrote:
Would'nt it be easier, to allow us users to be able to just type in the information of the movie that is not on those data sites., I am no programer so I dont know how hard it would be for you to add that in. I figure it would just be simpler to type it in , than to hunt for it on those data sites

Well, it's not as easy as it seems... I estimate that it would easily take 2 months to do. Modifying the interface would be easy. The main difficulty would come from the indexing. Indexing is what allows Coollector to manage so much data instantly. Indexing is already very complex, and would become a nightmare when combining your data with the encyclopedia.

It is my goal to create exhaustive encyclopedias (encyclopedia of movies / series, encyclopedia of documentaries, encyclopedia of sexy movies, etc...). For the next months, I'll focus on that. It's in the philosophy of Coollector not to input anything. When a user tells me that something is missing, I add it, and it benefits to everyone. Anyway, I have developed powerful tools to gather data from Amazon and Ebay, and in most cases we'll add movies before anyone has time to request them !

Also, I plan to add social features to the program, and it's important that movies are uniquely identified.

Nearly anything will be found in its corresponding encyclopedia (soon, the encyclopedia of movies will also include movies in theaters).

For the rest, I'll create a very special type of coollection, custom coollections that don't rely on any encyclopedia, and where users input anything they want. The possibilities will become endless... Managing your home videos, your photos, your stamps, etc... Creating an encyclopedia of birds, of cars, of football teams, etc...

wg55 wrote:
I also coolect TV DVDs, that are not listed, but I am not going to bother you with them , as you already have me as a pain in the butt with my program problems

You're not a pain in the butt at all !

The bug you've found certainly affected other users. You're just the first one to report it, and I thank you for that. I'm a bug killer, I don't tolerate any bug ! For bugz, I am Legend :D

wg55 wrote:
as I type this I took a break from data dvd entry, I really should just throw out all these DVDs....LOL........

Does it mean that 1.19 seems to work ?

When you close the program and reopen it, your data is still there ?

And have you really lost all your previous data ? Because I still don't know any bug that can destroy your data. Maybe you've made something wrong, like uninstalling the program ?

I recommend that you be cautious, and make frequent backups of the "MyCoollection.cool" file. That's the file that holds all your data ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 11:13 pm 

Hector I did lose all the data file, BUT thanks to you adding in some time ago the ability to PRINT OUT a list I just have to go to it and re enter it, I glad Im on Vacation. So far all is working, a window keeps popping up, but when you click on it it goes away with out destroying anything, I'll let you know what it is when it pops up again when I scroll the movie list.

Just want to add your program is by far the friendliest for data entry, even though I have way too many dvds to enter, I'm the king of DVDs in my town, and am anal about knowing what I have and thanks to your Free program, how can I lose, its the BEST! and cant wait for your future endevours.... PS> some of the other programs let you put in your own data, but it seems you can not, scan movie data sites at the same time, so I figure, that is why you went with your way of data entry, which allows me the ability to get the majority of movies right from a list.

Some day maybe we can all have a COOLLECTOR family of users gathering, for the KING of MOVIE WORLD!!!!!!!!! HAIL HECTOR !!!!!!!:mysir: :mysir: :mysir: :hi: :hi: :hi:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 12:33 am 

I'm terribly sorry that you lost your data. It's the first time something like that happens, and I have no clue how it could happen.

If someone else lost his data, please tell me !

I advice everybody to make frequent backups of their MyCoollection.cool file.