It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:23 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post subject: [FIXED] Clicking on Titles causes error
PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 6:27 pm 

:hi: Hector,

I haven't been able to use the latest version of Coollector. I can use the movie or person search function but when I try to rate a movie or person or make an entry in the " Owned Videos" box I get the message: " Coollector has encountered a problem and must close". I don't see anyone else posting this problem so maybe I have somehow corrupted a file? My previous version of Coollector seemed to work fine. Thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 7:16 pm 

Test n°1: delete the file "My Documents\Coollector\Tmp\indexing.dat" and see if it works better.

Test n°2: slightly rename "My Documents\Coollector\MyCoollection.cool", for instance removing the first letter. When you'll launch Coollector, it'll create a new one, and if the bug is gone, that'll prove that your file is corrupted. Please send it to me and I'll look at it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 11:16 pm 

:D Coollector appears to be just fine now. After I completed test #1 there was no improvement. Test #2 indicated that my file was corrupted but before sending my file to you I deleted the newly created MyCoollection and restored the letter I had deleted from my original MyCoollection and tried it again. :shock: To my surprise it worked fine. I don't know if this is helpful in any way but MyCoollection.cool file wasn't where I was expecting to find it - it appears to have been moved to another drive [along with "temp" and "backups"] when I had downloaded Coollector version 2.06 (I'm going by the date the new file was created) In any case I'm very pleased with the final result. Thank you for your quick response.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 12:06 am 

I'm glad your problem is solved :D

Please give me the exact locations (including the drive), I'm confused.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 1:27 am 

I installed Coollector on the main drive [C:\Program Files\Coollector] which now contains the files "Help" "Coollector.exe" "History.txt" "Shortcut to Coollector.exe" and "uninstall.exe". I also have an external drive (E:) on which I keep personal files and backup files (including a backup of Coollector). It is on E: drive that I found a newly created (March 26) folder "Coollector" [E:\Jack's Office\Coollector] which contains the folders "Backups" and "Tmp" and my "MyCoollection.cool" file. I didn't create that folder or move any of the files. The date of March 26 is the day I first opened Coollector since March 7. Between those dates I believe an updated version of Coollector had become available which would have downloaded automatically for me on March 26 - the date of the new folder on my E :\ drive. Perhaps the answer can be found in the fact that I use a program which allows me to re-direct (point) selected downloads that would normally go to certain folders on my C drive, to a folder on my E drive. I believe the program is called "File Renamer" - I'm not sure. That is probably the answer.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 2:16 am 

Thanks for the details.

Here's how I understand things :wacko:

Coollector 2.06, which I released on March 17, reorganized file locations, in order to fix all the Windows Vista issues.

1) Your system reported "E:\Jack's Office\" as being the equivalent of "My Documents". That's a little strange, but maybe you configured it this way.

2) the transition didn't go completely well, for reasons that I don't understand, but nevermind, the file locations won't change anytime soon.