It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:46 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post subject: 2.06 should fix Vista problems but...
PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 2:02 am 

2.06 should fix all the Vista problems, but since automatic update is broken with 2.05 and Vista, you'll have to make a full install (don't uninstall before).

Notice that files organization with 2.06 is very differently from previous versions:

1) installation folder now only contain Coollector.exe, the uninstaller, and the versions history.

2) the encyclopedia, the prices and the images are now located inside All Users ProgramData folder.

3) coollection files are now located in the user Documents folder.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 11:11 am 

If you're one of the few persons who had set Coollector.exe to "run as administrator", you'll have to restore the backup n° 0 to have your data back.

Read this thread for a more detailed explanation.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 5:20 am 

fyi im unsure what version i had as i have been busy, but i just updated to 2.09 on vista with the auto up date and all went well.

i just checked and my original movies are still there, not like last time where they got deleted ... good work.. if i notice any vista bugs ill let ya know.

however i have noticed some movies missing you might want to add soon.

indiana jones is not complete, and i am legend is missing, probably some otehr new releases are to i have not looked tho.. great job guys.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 9:03 am 

taalon927 wrote:
indiana jones is not complete

The first Indiana Jones is called "Raiders of the lost ark". Maybe I should rename it "Indiana Jones: Raiders of the lost ark", though the real title is "Raiders of the lost ark".

taalon927 wrote:
indiana jones is not complete, and i am legend is missing, probably some otehr new releases are to i have not looked tho...

Yes, we are very late on new releases and we'll do our best to catch up soon. The reason is we spent much time adding series, and now we've just had a technical problem in the background, that took us nearly a week to fix :(

taalon927 wrote:
great job guys.

Thank you very much !

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 3:13 am 

anyway you could create a small tool, so users could create the content and submit it to you for review? instead of the way you currently are doing it? let us fill in the blanks so to say, and provide what is needed for movie titles, discriptions and movie ratings, then hit a submit button and let it submit it to you in some fashion thus you can do a quick review and then just add it to the data base if its ok. think of it like this, if you get a handful that never turn in crap, then you can auto approve them and make the database grow faster.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 9:01 am 

If we accepted user submitted data, I bet that 95% of what we'd receive would be copy & paste from IMDb, which is not acceptable...

We are preparing a system that should be fine. We'll progressively extend it later, with more data contributed by our users (especially the video technical details).

It goes slower than we'd like, but the first version of our system should be ready in a few weeks.