It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:38 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: version 3.03 crash problem
PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 2:12 pm 

gigagiggles wrote:
Without excluding the folder or the file from Norton scan, the newer coollector.exe was able to update the prices.

Norton didn't bother you at all ? No message at all ?

gigagiggles wrote:
One of the png's (loaned) shows an empty list despite the large number it supposedly has. Bug?

Yes, I can see 2 bugs, and I could reproduce them, so I will fix them.

1) 127,884 loaned => it's a bug, should be zero.
2) 127,884 prices => it's badly diplayed.

Thank you very much for your feedback !

gigagiggles wrote:
The fourth png from the same session shows the prices list. The list has a different presentation, whose only adjustment is the size of the thumbnails. As shown, that is the smallest thumbnail size, unlike the other lists.

All that is normal. No bug.

gigagiggles wrote:
Furthermore, the adjustment interface to the right are either greyed out or unresponsive.

What adjustment interface ? Number of columns and style ? That's normal. This is a special search that can be only displayed like that. Only the thumb size can be adjusted.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 2:20 pm 

In fact, I can see a third bug... The genre and the country filters are a bit too high, they're not aligned with the other filters. I don't know why.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 3:21 pm 

(cool) Hector wrote:
Yes, I can see 2 bugs

There should be no bug with this version:

http://www.coollector.com/Coollector.exe

You'll be able to test it tonight with the price update.

About the program update, this week-end I will release a new version of Coollector, and I'd really like to know if Norton interferes with the program update. Please keep me informed on this.

(cool) Hector wrote:
The genre and the country filters are a bit too high, they're not aligned with the other filters.

Are they always like that ?

Is it the same for the person filtered search ?

=> select the profession "story" to make appear the profession detail box.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 5:17 pm 

"" This is a special search that can be only displayed like that. Only the thumb size can be adjusted. ""

An odd decision. But it is your (great) program.

"" (cool) Hector wrote:
Yes, I can see 2 bugs

There should be no bug with this version: ""

Those 2 bugs are fixed.

"" The genre and the country filters are a bit too high, they're not aligned with the other filters.

Are they always like that ?

Is it the same for the person filtered search ?

=> select the profession "story" to make appear the profession detail box. ""

In the right-hand persons panel, ANY profession that renders a 2x2 filter grid, the grid appears aligned. As for the genre and country filters misalignment, I'm not so obsessive-compulsive that I would have noticed. Although I do notice non sequitur's. :-)

"" You'll be able to test it tonight with the price update.

About the program update, this week-end I will release a new version of Coollector, and I'd really like to know if Norton interferes with the program update. Please keep me informed on this. ""

When is this window of opportunity? From time of price update to the latest you'll like to be informed about Norton's involvement? Greenwich Mean Time? I'll do the math. :-)

"" Norton didn't bother you at all ? No message at all ? ""

No message and no log for the first one. The second one has no update yet, so we'll find out tonight.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 5:54 pm 

gigagiggles wrote:
An odd decision. But it is your (great) program.

It's not really a decision. When you think about it, there's no other choice.

The price search has 2 columns => on the left the video, and on the right the movies that correspond to that video (there can be several movies in the case of a video pack).

Modifying the number of columns wouldn't make sense.

And the style used is the only one that allows to display all the data (considering that there can be movie packs).

gigagiggles wrote:
No message and no log for the first one.

Wonderful !

gigagiggles wrote:
No message and no log for the first one. The second one has no update yet, so we'll find out tonight.

I didn't say the program update would be tonight. I said this week-end. Probably on Saturday, but maybe on Sunday. I'll be happy to know how it goes, but there's no hurry on your part at all.

Thank you very much for your help !

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 7:05 pm 

@Hector

You said the prices update will be available tonight. It was my impression that you'd like a problem-free (with Norton) update module incorporated into the Coollector program for a weekend release. When tonight? I'd hate to miss a window of opportunity and delay your release.

Speaking of Norton,

@Hector and @kakashi

I won't run around the town square and hawk Norton products. Nor will I run about and denigrate their products.

It's like dating girlfriends through the years. At some point, one finds comfort and settles down with one.

The Norton product I use fits my intelligence and comprehension level. Just like Coollector. Not too rich and sophisticated. Not too high-maintenance or detached. Not too dumbed-down and/or skeletal.

Norton has its quirks. And occasionally, problems surface, such as coollector updates conflicting with Norton. However, let's not equate Norton to violations such as that by Lorena Bobbitt. :-)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 8:49 pm 

gigagiggles wrote:
You said the prices update will be available tonight.

Oh yes, the prices. Well they have just been updated. I thought you were talking about the program update.

gigagiggles wrote:
Speaking of Norton

All I know about Norton, is that their products don't have a good réputation.

That's why I wasn't much surprised when I've heard that we had a false positive issue with their antivirus. But, in all honesty, now that I see that the problem is just with the price update and the silent installer, I must admit that I can understand why they might have considered it as a suspicious operation.

I hope that we won't have any problem with the program update

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:39 pm 

There were no messages and no Norton logs regarding the second coollector.exe and the update process. The prices database were updated to the public database folder.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 11:04 pm 

:V:

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 2:48 am 

gigagiggles wrote:
It's like dating girlfriends through the years. At some point, one finds comfort and settles down with one.

Your analogy is quite interesting. I must agree, my reservations about Norton are for reasons that not many people would be likely to share. I of course also agree to Hector's reasons. I don't tolerate applications on my PC that i can't control. I am the user what I saw is law. Secondly some anti-virus software are plain annoying. They bother you with useless messages messages and alerts yet often do nothing when there is a real threat. There are lots of programs on my computer that could be considered (for good reason) as malicious. For me it saves time and effort to use software can 'take orders' without question.

gigagiggles wrote:
I'm not so obsessive-compulsive that I would have noticed

Unfortunately it seems that I am to some extent. There are just some things that bug me in a way I can't ignore (such as the above mentioned).

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 5:07 pm 

(cool) Hector wrote:
beejayau wrote:
The program still crashes occasionally, usually when I am entering a custom pack from scratch in the edit screen

Thank you for your feedback, I'll make some experiment.

Indeed, I've been able to locate and fix a crashing bug with packs. Please tell me if you still have problems after version 3.04 is released. Thank you very much !

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:31 am 

gigagiggles wrote:
There were no messages and no Norton logs regarding the second coollector.exe and the update process. The prices database were updated to the public database folder.

So, how went the update to version 3.04 ? No message from Norton ?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 3:24 pm 

Chuckles! My habit is to download from the homepage and update the program. That I did.

I'll have to wait unitl the next program/prices update. Hope I remember for next time.

On the genre/country grid misalignment(?), I noticed that the three boxes on the left are the same size but smaller than the three boxes on the right. So, it's not an alignment issue but size parameter issue.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 3:48 pm 

gigagiggles wrote:
I'll have to wait unitl the next program/prices update. Hope I remember for next time.

I hope so too, you naughty boy :D

gigagiggles wrote:
I noticed that the three boxes on the left are the same size but smaller than the three boxes on the right. So, it's not an alignment issue but size parameter issue.

I checked your screenshots again, and you're wrong. They have the same size. They are just misaligned.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 4:21 pm 

You're right! Weird optical illusion. I had to get up close to the screen to dispel the effect.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next