It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:32 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post subject: re-scan
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 4:59 pm 

Hello
How can I re-scan my owned files because I've change some of the paths within hard Desk but The old paths still remain within the program

thanks

Post subject: Re: re-scan
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 5:19 pm 

lordring22 wrote:
I've change some of the paths within hard Disk

You can edit all the location fields at once, by pressing CONTROL + L. This will make appear a feature that'll allow you to replace a string by another string.

For instance, if you moved your files from "C:\MyFilms" to "G:\Movies", you'll just have to replace the string "C:\MyFilms" with the string "G:\Movies".

If there are paths that you can't fix this way, I'm afraid you'll have to remove each video one by one. To remove a video, you click the video inside the "owned videos" box, then you click the button "remove from owned".

Please note that you can use the location filter to list all the videos that were in the location that has disappeared.

To be complete, there's also the solution of starting all over again by deleting your coollection file.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 5:41 pm 

well
I have made many changes within folders and it is difficult to edit them manually

Quote:
Please note that you can use the location filter to list all the videos that were in the location that has disappeared

When I try to use this filter, the program stops working maybe because of the size of the external hard "2 Terra"

Quote:
there's also the solution of starting all over again by deleting your coollection file

This is exactly what i look for :) .. the problem has been resolved .. Thank you

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 6:03 pm 

lordring22 wrote:
When I try to use this filter, the program stops working maybe because of the size of the external hard "2 Terra"

Please always report to me when you find a crashing/freezing bug. I'll give you a free license if you help me fix a crashing/freezing bug.

If you have a coollection file that can make the program crash/freeze, please send it to me.

My email is: hector at coollector dot com

lordring22 wrote:
This is exactly what i look for :) .. the problem has been resolved .. Thank you

Great !

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 6:50 pm 

Quote:
Please always report to me when you find a crashing/freezing bug. I'll give you a free license if you help me fix a crashing/freezing bug.

well
when i try to use location filter

nothing happened and the program freezing for while and return with nothing

I sent you an email with the coollection file

windows xp sp3 english

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 6:58 pm 

lordring22 wrote:
I sent you an email with the coollection file

Thank you. I need you coollection because everything works fine with mine.

lordring22 wrote:
windows xp sp3 english

It's not a problem with your system. There's probably a location inside your coollection file that triggers a bug (probably an infinite loop).

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 7:25 pm 

lordring22 wrote:
maybe because of the size of the external hard "2 Terra"

Finally, it's not an infinite loop. It's just that Coollector is too slow to treat your many file locations.

I'll have to find tricks to make it work faster...

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 7:35 pm 

(cool) Hector wrote:
lordring22 wrote:
maybe because of the size of the external hard "2 Terra"

Finally, it's not an infinite loop. It's just that Coollector is too slow to treat your many file locations.

I'll have to find tricks to make it work faster...

Good We will wait for the tricks :D thanks again

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 6:28 am 

lordring22 wrote:

In fact, I had a closer look at your file structure, and your case is really too extreme, no trick could make the search fast enough.

Ok, you have thousands of files, but the real problem isn't the number of your files, but the number of your folders.

Normally, the number of folders remains reasonable because each folder contains several files. But in your case, there's almost as many folders as there are files, because each file is in its own folder.

I don't understand why you do that. With your system, reaching a file requires to browse a lot of folders.

Here is an exemple of your file structure: "h:\vedio\excitement\d\deadfall (2012)\Deadfall.2012.mp4"

I don't understand why it's not just: "h:\vedio\excitement\Deadfall.2012.mp4"

In my opinion, there's no need to have a folder "deadfall (2012)", and no need either to gather in a "d" folder all the movies whose title starts with the letter "d" (Windows Explorer already lists the files alphabetically).

If you keep you file structure like that, I'm afraid you'll have to renounce to using the location filter. In your case, this filter isn't really useful anyway, as it lists thousands of folders :sorry:

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 8:54 pm 

(cool) Hector wrote:
lordring22 wrote:

In fact, I had a closer look at your file structure, and your case is really too extreme, no trick could make the search fast enough.

Ok, you have thousands of files, but the real problem isn't the number of your files, but the number of your folders.

Normally, the number of folders remains reasonable because each folder contains several files. But in your case, there's almost as many folders as there are files, because each file is in its own folder.

I don't understand why you do that. With your system, reaching a file requires to browse a lot of folders.

Here is an exemple of your file structure: "h:\vedio\excitement\d\deadfall (2012)\Deadfall.2012.mp4"

I don't understand why it's not just: "h:\vedio\excitement\Deadfall.2012.mp4"

In my opinion, there's no need to have a folder "deadfall (2012)", and no need either to gather in a "d" folder all the movies whose title starts with the letter "d" (Windows Explorer already lists the files alphabetically).

If you keep you file structure like that, I'm afraid you'll have to renounce to using the location filter. In your case, this filter isn't really useful anyway, as it lists thousands of folders :sorry:

Your words are true 100% :up:

But I need to order movies this way for easy access to them when i connect the hard at TV directly

I understand that this problem is not related to the program ..

Thank you

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:30 pm 

lordring22 wrote:
I understand that this problem is not related to the program ..

I'm working on the optimisations, and the result might be surprisingly good. It's not finished, but it might take only a few seconds even with your hellish file structure...

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:28 am 

Tricks added. New search time is 3 seconds instead of several minutes. Not bad 8)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:55 pm 

3 seconds for my hellish file structure will be fair enough :)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:20 am 

mission accomplished

:V: :V: :V:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:32 am 

:D