It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:40 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post subject: Suggestion...
PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 10:58 pm 

Hi there,

Great program but I have a couple of suggestions...
the first would be could you add some design element that makes backing up the Coollector Movie Database file a simple process from within coollector? So that you could backup the file to say a USB flash drive or cd...

the second idea would be making coollector skinable... I.e. using a skin for your favorite movie?

I'll leave those thoughts with ya... but apart from that its a fantastic program!

Post subject: Re: Suggestion...
PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 11:57 pm 

Darkrenault wrote:
could you add some design element that makes backing up the Coollector Movie Database file a simple process from within coollector? So that you could backup the file to say a USB flash drive or cd...

Coollector already makes backups automatically. To easily locate the backups, simply click the help button => automatic backups.

Of course you can copy coollection files (.cool files) to an USB flash drive. You can also send them to your friends, so they can view your taste, the DVDs you own, etc...

To learn more about coollection files, please click the help button => useful tips (it's the 7th tip).

Darkrenault wrote:
the second idea would be making coollector skinable... I.e. using a skin for your favorite movie?

I definitively plan to make Coollector skinnable. I'm just a programmer, I don't have very good taste with colors and fonts. I'm sure users would soon come with skins that really improve the look of the program.

I also considered having special skins for some movies, though I'm not completely sure about this...

Darkrenault wrote:
I'll leave those thoughts with ya... but apart from that its a fantastic program!

Thank you very much !