It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:09 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 159 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 11  Next
 Post subject: Re: Coollector News
PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:57 am 

bdvernon1 wrote:
just a suggestion Is there any way or can you make a way to personalize the reports?

Improving the reports is very high on my priority list. I should begin working on it within a couple of months.

bdvernon1 wrote:
Otherwise i love this program i use it to organize my video collection

Thank you very much :D

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:05 pm 

We now have a Facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/CoollectorMovieDatabase

Thank you very much for clicking the "Like" button :)

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 7:30 pm 

Here's our brand new presentation video:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=MaHexq7vsNw

Your movie lover friends will thank you for sharing this video ;)

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:56 pm 

hello admin, i much love the coollector.
i have a little advice,
how if coollector linked with windows explorer, so i mean i can link my movie file with coollector database not only play it via coollector but i can open the folder (win explorer) too via coollector.

and vice versa, i can open coollector via right click in win explorer.

coollector is rock :clap:

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:10 pm 

fathan wrote:
hello admin, i much love the coollector.
coollector is rock :clap:

Thank you very much :D

fathan wrote:
i can link my movie file with coollector database not only play it via coollector but i can open the folder (win explorer) too via coollector.

On a programmatic point of view, it's very easy for me to open a folder with Windows Explorer. What I can't figure out, is how you want me to change the interface of Coollector. Also, I can't figure out why you need to open the folder.

fathan wrote:

Please explain what you're trying to do.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:19 pm 

(cool) Hector wrote:
On a programmatic point of view, it's very easy for me to open a folder with Windows Explorer. What I can't figure out, is how you want me to change the interface of Coollector. Also, I can't figure out why you need to open the folder.

i mean no need to change interface of coollector globally, but just add (in movie pane) shortcut to the movie folder in explorer specifically (so i can launch the folder movie without long searching in explorer and save more time to organize my movie). i am sorry my english is terrible :D

fathan wrote:

(cool) Hector wrote:
Please explain what you're trying to do.

and this option is contrary with the above, with this feature we can launch coollector via right click on movie files.
for example:i have file Taken (2008).avi when i do right click on it, appear context menu in explorer towards Taken (2008) movie pane in coollector. :excited:

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 5:23 pm 

fathan wrote:
just add (in movie pane) shortcut to the movie folder in explorer specifically

Yes, but how do you do that? I'm afraid I can't think of any elegant way to do it. And because it's a feature that very few users will use, it has to be added elegantly. If it turns the interface into a mess, it's not worth it.

fathan wrote:
for example:i have file Taken (2008).avi when i do right click on it, appear context menu in explorer towards Taken (2008) movie pane in coollector.

Your idea isn't uninteresting, but I'm afraid it's overkill. Probably very few users will find that feature useful, but the Coollector option would appear for everyone when they right click a file. There's already so many programs that pollute the right click menu, I'd prefer not to add Coollector to the list...

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:08 am 

(cool) Hector wrote:
Yes, but how do you do that? I'm afraid I can't think of any elegant way to do it.

I don't know if i had suggested this sometime in the past but you could always set it so that when a file is launched it launches explorer instead of with the media player if the Ctrl key is depressed.

(cool) Hector wrote:
There's already so many programs that pollute the right click menu, I'd prefer not to add Coollector to the list...

I too hate a crowded context menu but i find this suggestion interesting. If you are interested in the idea then another possibility for you to look into is this:
Dropping a media file or folder into coollector's window checks for a match in the added files. If it is not found then it could simply search for a match to the file/folder name. A possible extension to this would be to allow dragging them to the coollector icon for the same action. People like our friend above who would use this alot could then simply drag files to a conveniently placed shortcut (or use 'open with' in the context menu).

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:46 am 

kakashi wrote:
I don't know if i had suggested this sometime in the past but you could always set it so that when a file is launched it launches explorer instead of with the media player if the Ctrl key is depressed.

I don't remember such a suggestion, but it's a very good one. That doesn't mess with the interface at all. Thanks you very much!

kakashi wrote:
another possibility for you to look into is this:
Dropping a media file or folder into coollector's window

Drag and drop! Yet another excellent suggestion, I like it!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:37 am 

(cool) Hector wrote:
it's a very good one ~ Thank you very much!

:D

(cool) Hector wrote:
Yet another excellent suggestion, I like it!

:dance:

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 4:07 pm 

hello admin
can i suggest this, in single pane mode when i close coollector then open it again i wish the position of scroll bar always remembered, not directly in top of pane?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 4:20 pm 

Hello fathan!

Thank you very much for your suggestion. I will think about it, but my first impression is that this behavior would be weird, and also it would add a lot of settings to remember (one setting for each grid).

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 9:37 am 

The new version 3.25.8 adds a great new feature: saving your backups on our server, and publishing your coollection on our website to show it to your friends (you can set a privacy key and only your friends that know the key will be able to see your coollection).

Thank you very much to Kakashi who made all this possible with his programming skills!

Two page designs are available, both made by Kakashi :V:

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 7:47 pm 

Here's my personal list of the movies and series that I've seen, and how much I've like them:

http://www.coollector.com/viewcoollection.php?user=cool_hector&design=kakashi_movie_cards&content_width=1200&page=rated_movies

The same list with the second design:

http://www.coollector.com/viewcoollection.php?user=cool_hector&design=kakashi_dvd_cases&content_width=1200&page=rated_movies

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 8:12 pm 

Here's my wished movie list, totaly 1000 :)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 159 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 11  Next