It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:22 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post subject: Davy Crockett
PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 12:57 pm 

When I try to add the two disc DVD, I get a message that the program has encountered an error and needs to close.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 1:07 pm 

It works for me... I suspect there's something wrong with your coollection file. Please send it to me, I'll look at it, and repair it if needed.

Your Coollection is the file "My Documents\Coollector\MyCoollection.cool"

Please zip it and mail it to me at: hector at coollector dot com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 7:43 pm 

I sent you the file (and several other messages with other movies I'm having problems with - sorry abou that). Can I download the file you reference elsewhere on this site and try installing it again? Will I lose everything I entered up to this point?

Also, when I click the update button, the program becomes unresponsive and I have to ctrl+alt+del to get out of it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 12:04 am 

Raedaddy wrote:
I sent you the file

Sorry, but I didn't receive anything...

Raedaddy wrote:
Can I download the file you reference elsewhere on this site and try installing it again?

Seems like you did not understand me. I did not ask you to download a file from my site. On the contrary, you must send me a file from your computer, the file that stores everything you have entered.

Raedaddy wrote:
Will I lose everything I entered up to this point?

No, no, don't worry. I will fix the file, send it back to you repaired, and everything will work again.

Raedaddy wrote:
Also, when I click the update button, the program becomes unresponsive and I have to ctrl+alt+del to get out of it.

Yes, this is symptomatic of a corrupted file.

OK, I will repeat again, and if you have problems doing something, just tell me what:

1) you must find on your computer the file named "MyCoollection.cool".
This file is located inside the folder "My Documents\Coollector"

2) then you'll mail this file to me, at this email address: hector at coollector dot com

Last edited by (cool) Hector on Tue Sep 30, 2008 9:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 2:10 am 

That's what I thought I did. I fully understood what you were asking. Sometimes my Outlook will not attach files I copy into e-mails. I sent you another e-mail so hopefully it worked this time.

I did send you three or so more e-mails after that, however, so I'm surprised that you didn't get any of them (they didn't have any attachments).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 7:00 am 

With Raedaddy, we continued this conversation by mail, and thanks to his unvaluable help and incredible patience, we've been able to finally understand the real nature of the problem. It's not at all a corruption bug. Simply I wasn't doing the exact same actions as him, that's why I couldn't see the bug.

Coollector 2.23 fixes this stupid bug !