coollector.com
https://www.coollector.com/

Scan Your Video Files - RESULT
https://www.coollector.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1765
Page 1 of 2

Author:  Abubakar Siddique [ Wed May 16, 2018 5:54 pm ]
Post subject:  Scan Your Video Files - RESULT

I like to keep my movies in the below format:

Code:
I:.
├───Dora Movies
│   ├───'Pimpernel' Smith [1941]
│   │       'Pimpernel'.Smith.1941.720p.BluRay.x264-[YTS.AG].mp4
│   │
│   ├───10 Things I Hate About You [1999]
│   │       10 Things I Hate About You.mp4
│   │
│   ├───1408 [2007]
│   │       1408.2007.1080p.BluRay.x264.YIFY.mp4
│   │
│   ├───2-22 [2017]
│   │       222.2017.720p.BluRay.x264-[YTS.AG].mp4
│   │


When I scan my video files, sometimes coollector is unable to recognise my movies because by default it looks for filenames. And I had to click on "Use folder name" to make the movie recognizable.

So can you add an option in setting that while scanning, the by default can be set to use folder names?

Thank You

Author:  Skinamp [ Wed May 16, 2018 6:08 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Scan Your Video Files - RESULT

The way you want it means renaming 4000 folders for users that use the correct filename instead of an correct foldername.

Hector if you consider this as an option, then as selectable Option.

Author:  (cool) Hector [ Wed May 16, 2018 6:22 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Scan Your Video Files - RESULT

Skinamp wrote:
Hector if you consider this as an option, then as selectable Option.

Of course if I did it, it would be an option, and not the default one.

But I don't consider adding such an option. It's quite uncommon to have a separate folder for each movie. I try to keep the options list as small as possible, and only something important would convince me to add a new option.

Author:  Abubakar Siddique [ Wed May 16, 2018 6:35 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Scan Your Video Files - RESULT

Well I prefer this folder structure so as to keep the movie file along with the subtitle file together. And it is standard way to organize your files for movies as well as all your other stuffs.

Author:  Abubakar Siddique [ Wed May 16, 2018 6:44 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Scan Your Video Files - RESULT

(cool) Hector wrote:
I try to keep the options list as small as possible, and only something important would convince me to add a new option.


Isn't it good to provide a good range of options for the users so that the user can personalize the software as per their suitability? Its a good practice to make the software can serve the user as much good result as they wants.

Think of the windows settings page, it has a vast number of options so that the users can personalize Windows as per their needs.

A lot more example like firefox, chrome, Microsoft Word, Free download manager, media players like gom, vlc etc and a vast list of ongoing softwares... all of them have settings which contains a numerous number of option so as to fulfill almost every users needs. Some option may be important for someone and some option may never be used for someone. But the options are there for the users for their needs.

So I believe you should also keep that decorum so as to serve your users as best as possible.

Thank You

Author:  (cool) Hector [ Wed May 16, 2018 7:06 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Scan Your Video Files - RESULT

Abubakar Siddique wrote:
all of them have settings which contains a numerous number of option so as to fulfill almost every users needs.

Like Coollector, they don't have 1,000 options. I think we have the same policy. The danger is turning the app into a gas factory. I certainly don't want to do that. Coollector is already quite complex and allows quite a lot of personalizations.

I've given a lot of thought to your suggestion, and in my opinion it would be more negative than positive: a) adding a confusing setting b) with this setting is on, things can go terribly wrong.

Author:  (cool) Hector [ Wed May 16, 2018 7:15 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Scan Your Video Files - RESULT

Abubakar Siddique wrote:
Well I prefer this folder structure so as to keep the movie file along with the subtitle file together. And it is standard way to organize your files for movies as well as all your other stuffs.

The current system already works with your folder structure. The only time it doesn't work is when your files aren't correctly named. It's weird to add for a new setting just because your folders are slightly better named than your files.

Author:  Skinamp [ Wed May 16, 2018 8:51 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Scan Your Video Files - RESULT

Hi Abubakar,

Why not save the desired information in the filename like this, you
are also able to name the ***.srt file the same way... No problem @ all

Attachment:
beispiel.jpg
beispiel.jpg [ 69.44 KiB | Viewed 5100 times ]

Author:  Abubakar Siddique [ Fri May 18, 2018 5:46 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Scan Your Video Files - RESULT

Skinamp wrote:
Hi Abubakar,

Why not save the desired information in the filename like this, you
are also able to name the ***.srt file the same way... No problem @ all

Attachment:
beispiel.jpg



Renaming the filenames will be a very hectic job. Plus I prefer only maintains the folder names, that's how it reduces the man-work.

Its okay if you find that adding such option will have a negative impact on coollector. I was just suggesting to make coollector a better software.

Author:  (cool) Hector [ Fri May 18, 2018 11:07 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Scan Your Video Files - RESULT

Abubakar Siddique wrote:
I was just suggesting to make coollector a better software.

Your suggestions are always welcome. Sorry that I didn't give you satisfaction in this case :worried:

Author:  Skinamp [ Fri May 18, 2018 6:33 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Scan Your Video Files - RESULT

Abubakar Siddique wrote:

Plus I prefer only maintains the folder names, that's how it reduces the man-work.


How can it be less work to correctly name the folders, instead of the Moviefile ?
I think almost all software and other possible information sources work with correct
filenames.....
Also whats the use of torrent information stored in the filename : 'Pimpernel'.Smith.1941.720p.BluRay.x264-[YTS.AG].mp4

Author:  Abubakar Siddique [ Sat May 19, 2018 4:47 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Scan Your Video Files - RESULT

Skinamp wrote:
How can it be less work to correctly name the folders, instead of the Moviefile ?
I think almost all software and other possible information sources work with correct
filenames.....
Also whats the use of torrent information stored in the filename : 'Pimpernel'.Smith.1941.720p.BluRay.x264-[YTS.AG].mp4


I prefer to maintain the folder names. Renaming the filenames and subtitle files will be a bad choice.

Also i prefer to keep the torrent info in the file name so that I can always know the source of the file and the quality of the movie. Also it helps me to download the correct synced subtitle file if needed.

Author:  (cool) Hector [ Sat May 19, 2018 11:10 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Scan Your Video Files - RESULT

Abubakar Siddique wrote:
i prefer to keep the torrent info in the file name so that I can always know the source of the file and the quality of the movie. Also it helps me to download the correct synced subtitle file if needed.

This is a good reason. :yes:

I'm still reluctant to add it to the settings (it's too confusing and dangerous for most users), but I could implement it as an hidden setting, a setting that users in the known would access with a keyboard shortcut.

Author:  Skinamp [ Sat May 19, 2018 2:55 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Scan Your Video Files - RESULT

Abubakar Siddique wrote:
Also it helps me to download the correct synced subtitle file if needed

When using VLC you will be able to download subtitels without knowing all those details, when the
correct sub is available it will be there ! Maybe a few clicks and you'll find the correct one and, it
will be stored next to the movie.
Attachment:
subs.jpg
subs.jpg [ 120.36 KiB | Viewed 5043 times ]


Abubakar Siddique wrote:
Also i prefer to keep the torrent info in the file name so that I can always know the source of the file and the quality of the movie.

Opton : 'Pimpernel' Smith (1941) [720p.BluRay.x264-(YTS.AG)].mp4
When using the correct filename you will still be able to store all details !

I'm not trying to convince you to do it the way i like it, i think maybe you do
not know all possible options ?

Author:  Abubakar Siddique [ Sun May 20, 2018 2:45 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Scan Your Video Files - RESULT

(cool) Hector wrote:
Abubakar Siddique wrote:
i prefer to keep the torrent info in the file name so that I can always know the source of the file and the quality of the movie. Also it helps me to download the correct synced subtitle file if needed.

This is a good reason. :yes:

I'm still reluctant to add it to the settings (it's too confusing and dangerous for most users), but I could implement it as an hidden setting, a setting that users in the known would access with a keyboard shortcut.



That would be better. Well, is there any documentation or Help file consisting of all the shortcut keys, features, different options of coollector?

Page 1 of 2 All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/