when I show people who are neither computer-savvy nor movie-collection-software-savvy your program (even my dear old gray-haired mother
), they understand how to use the filters very quickly, so you must be doing something right
Thank you very much for this feedback, it's very interesting.
It's difficult to design an interface, and my choices are probably not always good. I'm far from being a "know-it-all" guru.
But I'm at a point where I'm about to add several features that are without a doubt major improvements:
- have the program and the movie database in other languages than English
- make incremental updates (download only what has changed)
- provide information about which movies are available on streaming (Netflix, etc...)
- provide information about which movies are played in theaters near you
- provide information about which movies are shown on TV
- all this of course boosted by our recommandations engine...
Those are big tasks that will keep me busy for many months, so it's difficult for me to consider your minor requests. When the big things will be in place, I'll be more open for the smaller ones.