It is currently Fri Nov 24, 2017 1:21 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Is it a good idea?
Yes 33%  33%  [ 1 ]
No 33%  33%  [ 1 ]
Maybe 33%  33%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 3
Author Message
 Post subject: What's Other Watching?
PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 3:29 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 27, 2012 1:24 pm
Posts: 75
Location: India
Is it possible to add a function which will broadcast what movie or series they are watching.

For eg.
Suppose I am watching "The Walking Dead"
I open Coollector
I search for "The Walking Dead"
And I click on "Watching" (To be implemented) button.

after that it will be stored in some database.

Now suppose a different user is using Coollector... Lets say its you.
You will open Coollector
click on "Watching" tab (To be implemented)
And it shows the "The Walking Dead" along with my name


Well for this to work, I guess every Coollector user have a Coollector account or so to display their name... or you can think of some different strategy.

_________________
- Abubakar Siddique
1361th Coollector Forum User :yahoo: :yahoo:

ImageImageImage


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What's Other Watching?
PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 4:22 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 24, 2010 5:21 pm
Posts: 435
Location: Netherlands
I wonder.... Why should i want to know, what some other users are watching?

_________________
The problem with doiing nothing is, you never know when you'll be ready


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What's Other Watching?
PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 5:20 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 27, 2012 1:24 pm
Posts: 75
Location: India
Skinamp wrote:
I wonder.... Why should i want to know, what some other users are watching?


Using the statistics, that can let the user know which movie is in trend now. :)

_________________
- Abubakar Siddique
1361th Coollector Forum User :yahoo: :yahoo:

ImageImageImage


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What's Other Watching?
PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 9:03 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 24, 2010 5:21 pm
Posts: 435
Location: Netherlands
Hmmmmm, oke.
Personally i don't follow Trends.
I rather view a 1955 Alfred Hitchcock than a Trend movie or Serie like CSI New York.

Votet Maybe because i think every idea musst have a Chance ;-)

_________________
The problem with doiing nothing is, you never know when you'll be ready


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What's Other Watching?
PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 9:17 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2005 2:28 am
Posts: 5863
Thanks for the suggestion but...

There are a lot of websites that display the trending movies. For example:

https://trakt.tv/movies/trending

If you look at it, you'll realize that you could get roughly the same list with Coollector by listing the movies from 2017 ordered by IMDb popularity. No need to develop a complex feature that will intrude your private life in order to get something that you already have!

Personally, I regularly watch the list of trending movies because I love blockbuster movies and I want to track which ones I've missed. But I prefer to use the list from Coollector because the predicted rating tells me if it'll be a disappointment or not. Well, I'll watch anyway even if I'm warned that it won't be very good, but that's another story...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What's Other Watching?
PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 9:33 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 24, 2010 5:21 pm
Posts: 435
Location: Netherlands
Well, i suppose you do not have to take a look at the movies i am viewing :-)

I however, do rate the movies a view on trakt. Installed trakt on kodi on my miniX. So i've already helped you :-)

_________________
The problem with doiing nothing is, you never know when you'll be ready


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What's Other Watching?
PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 6:30 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 27, 2012 1:24 pm
Posts: 75
Location: India
For Movies I Use Coollector
For Series I Use track.tv because i can keep track of the series that which episode i have to watch next.

I don't use track.tv directly ... instead I use an windows app called "TV Show Tracker UMP". Because I tried all other client of track.tv but none of them provide me as much as function provided by TV Show Tracker UMP.

_________________
- Abubakar Siddique
1361th Coollector Forum User :yahoo: :yahoo:

ImageImageImage


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What's Other Watching?
PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 10:56 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2005 2:28 am
Posts: 5863
Abubakar Siddique wrote:
For Movies I Use Coollector
For Series I Use track.tv because i can keep track of the series that which episode i have to watch next.

Don't you know that Coollector can also keep track of the episodes/seasons that you've watched? If you go to the series and you click on the number of episodes, you'll see the list of all the episodes, with their name, air date, IMDb rating, popularity and link. You can rate the episodes/seasons that you've seen and after that the program will display that you've seen for example 22/46 episodes. Personally I rate only a season when it's finished, but you can also rate episode by episode.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What's Other Watching?
PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 12:48 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 27, 2012 1:24 pm
Posts: 75
Location: India
(cool) Hector wrote:
Don't you know that Coollector can also keep track of the episodes/seasons that you've watched? If you go to the series and you click on the number of episodes, you'll see the list of all the episodes, with their name, air date, IMDb rating, popularity and link. You can rate the episodes/seasons that you've seen and after that the program will display that you've seen for example 22/46 episodes. Personally I rate only a season when it's finished, but you can also rate episode by episode.



Yeah I know about that. But TV Show Tracker UTP give a lot more control on the series management.
Such as
    Which episode to watch next
    No. of episode left to see
    Sorts all the episodes of all the series I have according to calendar
    Shows me completion percentage
    Upcoming episodes with notification
    total number of episodes I watched today (along with a histogram)

Attachment:
File comment: HOME :
Owned TV Series, Along with sorted list. Also shows which episode to watch next

Screenshot (34).png
Screenshot (34).png [ 1.02 MiB | Viewed 581 times ]


Attachment:
File comment: Series History and statistics.
Screenshot (35).png
Screenshot (35).png [ 76.17 KiB | Viewed 581 times ]


Attachment:
File comment: Series in depth, shows all the episode list and to mark them as watched.
Screenshot (36).png
Screenshot (36).png [ 523.88 KiB | Viewed 581 times ]


If these features were in Coolector then I would have not used this tracker app.
Well I will suggest you to try this app once and if you could implement those function in Coollector OR Make a new software for series management then it would be really awesome.

_________________
- Abubakar Siddique
1361th Coollector Forum User :yahoo: :yahoo:

ImageImageImage


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What's Other Watching?
PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 1:00 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2005 2:28 am
Posts: 5863
I think "completion" you already have with coollector (22/46 episodes). About "upcoming episodes with notification" you'll have that when i'll have added the personalized TV listings I talked about in another thread (hopefully before the end of this year, or beginning of next year).


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What's Other Watching?
PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 5:26 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 27, 2012 1:24 pm
Posts: 75
Location: India
(cool) Hector wrote:
I think "completion" you already have with coollector (22/46 episodes). About "upcoming episodes with notification" you'll have that when i'll have added the personalized TV listings I talked about in another thread (hopefully before the end of this year, or beginning of next year).



Still TV Show Tracker UWP fits all my necessity for handling the Series.
And Coollector handles my movies. :yahoo:

Just for once try out TV Show Tracker UWP and let me know your experience. :lol:

_________________
- Abubakar Siddique
1361th Coollector Forum User :yahoo: :yahoo:

ImageImageImage


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What's Other Watching?
PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 6:57 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2005 2:28 am
Posts: 5863
Abubakar Siddique wrote:
Just for once try out TV Show Tracker UWP and let me know your experience. :lol:

No offense, but the screenshots are enough for me. In my opinion, the stats are a useless gimmick, and the episodes list is equivalent to Coollector.

What's good about this app is the ability to list the series that you haven't finished watching. For that I just have to add some new values to the filter "movies vs. series", but before I can do that I need to add the "not interested" rating to solve the problem of the series that you've stopped watching and don't plan to watch again.

Then there's the notification of upcoming episodes, and what I have in mind for Coollector is much better 8)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What's Other Watching?
PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 7:16 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 27, 2012 1:24 pm
Posts: 75
Location: India
(cool) Hector wrote:
Abubakar Siddique wrote:
Just for once try out TV Show Tracker UWP and let me know your experience. :lol:

No offense, but the screenshots are enough for me. In my opinion, the stats are a useless gimmick, and the episodes list is equivalent to Coollector.

What's good about this app is the ability to list the series that you haven't finished watching. For that I just have to add some new values to the filter "movies vs. series", but before I can do that I need to add the "not interested" rating to solve the problem of the series that you've stopped watching and don't plan to watch again.

Then there's the notification of upcoming episodes, and what I have in mind for Coollector is much better 8)


That will be great sir. :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

_________________
- Abubakar Siddique
1361th Coollector Forum User :yahoo: :yahoo:

ImageImageImage


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What's Other Watching?
PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 7:28 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2005 2:28 am
Posts: 5863
Abubakar Siddique wrote:
1361th Coollector User

Sorry to disappoint, but it's 1361th subscribed to the forum. A rather small fraction of our users subscribe to the forum.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What's Other Watching?
PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 7:33 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 27, 2012 1:24 pm
Posts: 75
Location: India
(cool) Hector wrote:
Abubakar Siddique wrote:
1361th Coollector User

Sorry to disappoint, but it's 1361th subscribed to the forum. A rather small fraction of our users subscribe to the forum.



Yes sir I know that haha. And I am using Coollecter even before I registered to the forum. But atleast the digit let me know at what rank I joined the forum. (have to edit my signature) :D

_________________
- Abubakar Siddique
1361th Coollector Forum User :yahoo: :yahoo:

ImageImageImage


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  


Powered by phpBB © 2017 phpBB Group