It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:32 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post subject: Wrong images in thumbnails
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2024 7:36 am 

This might be related to the recent fix for Mac users still on old versions of OSX. (I'm on 10.13.) A restart fixes the issue so it's not too dire. Here's a screenshot https://imgur.com/a/BtWObCc

I should add that this problem occurs after Coollector has been running a long time (days) with fairly heavy use. Upon restart, the problem goes away for a long time. Also, it never happened before the last update.

Post subject: Re: Wrong images in thumbnails
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2024 10:34 am 

Drift wrote:
This might be related to the recent fix for Mac users still on old versions of OSX.

It can't be related. The app didn't work on old versions of OSX simply because one of the libraries wasn't compiled to support such platforms. Once this library was recompiled, it worked again.

Drift wrote:
I should add that this problem occurs after Coollector has been running a long time (days) with fairly heavy use.

The bug that you describe looks very much like something that can happen when you're using the program for several years. One day an image gets changed on our servers but your computer disk still has a copy of the old version. That can be fixed by pressing the F5 key to to delete the image from your disk and download it again.

I don't know if what you describe is something else. I don't know if that kind of bug can happen after several days of heavy use or if you just stumbled on an image that had changed and needed to be refreshed from your disk.

Drift wrote:
Upon restart, the problem goes away for a long time.

That part is a little weird indeed. Are you meaning that the image gets fixed on restart without pressing the F5 key?

Drift wrote:
Also, it never happened before the last update.

Please don't get paranoid about the recent bug, it can't be related.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2024 7:45 pm 

Restart fixes everything, all the mismatched thumbnails go back to normal without a redownload using F5. (Please note the imgur link's screen capture - there are multiple errors, many actor's images have become movie poster images.)

I believe you that this isn't a program bug. It's probably a problem with my Mac, so I'll do some maintenance.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2024 7:05 am 

Drift wrote:
there are multiple errors, many actor's images have become movie poster images.

Sorry I hadn't noticed, I was focused only on the movie poster. You're right there are many issues in this screenshot.

Drift wrote:
I believe you that this isn't a program bug.

I was wrong, it's clearly a bug with Coollector. You say that it didn't happen with the previous version. It has to be a new bug that was introduced by this new version. I will look at my code and try to find what may cause this weird bug.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2024 9:48 pm 

Sorry to trouble you. It's an odd bug but harmless, so no worries. One thing I might have mentioned is that the actor's thumbnail images changed from normal to mismatched when I clicked on them. I intended just to hover, to see enlarged versions, but accidentally clicked, and that's when the error became noticeable. Then I clicked more thumbnails and they too changed.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2024 11:08 pm 

Drift wrote:
the actor's thumbnail images changed from normal to mismatched when I clicked on them.

Thank you for this info, it's very helpfull.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2024 11:20 pm 

I can't tell from your screenshot, were you in single-pane mode or in dual-pane mode?

Drift wrote:
I intended just to hover, to see enlarged versions, but accidentally clicked, and that's when the error became noticeable.

If I understand correctly, at that point, only 1 actor picture was wrong, i.e. the one you've clicked?

Drift wrote:
Then I clicked more thumbnails and they too changed.

More and more pictures got wrong as you clicked them? The wrong actor pictures that I can see on your screenshot are because you've clicked them? What about the movie poster that is wrong too? And the owned videos box that is pitch-black?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2024 11:23 pm 

You say that the bug happened after several days of intensive use, but you also say that you've clicked the actor accidentally. Please the next time make the test of clicking regularly the actors to see if the bug can be triggered much earlier.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2024 6:16 pm 

I was in double panel mode. Yes, I believe only one thumbnail was problematic until I clicked more thumbnails. I don't know if the main movie poster was also incorrect at the time. The owned video box is sometimes black, i.e. no poster is loaded, but I think this only happens if I enter ownership manually instead of by scanning my files from disk. I've tried to trigger the error again by clicking thumbnails but so far haven't been able to do it. I will keep clicking and let you know if I notice anything that might be helpful.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2024 6:46 pm 

Drift wrote:
The owned video box is sometimes black

Clearly a bug :worried:

If you go back to the movie "Space Station 76", is it still black now? If that's the case, sending me your coollection file may help me fix this bug.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2024 10:49 am 

Space Station 76 is now showing an image of a blank CD, not a black box. The problem hasn't returned, and I've had Coollector running for days now. I've emailed you my .cool file just in case it can be helpful.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2024 2:33 pm 

Thank you very much. It'll be difficult to find the origin of the black box bug as it's not related to your coollection file, but good news I'm close to have found the origin of the mixed-up images bug.