From memory, this is a different location than when I was using the earlier version of Coollector (?).
If I close Coollector, locate the backup file in the above location, the program loads and the database of my entries appears.
If you got all your data back, I seriously doubt that the location can have changed. You can make a research, but I think that your memory is wrong.
how do I move the file to the folder that Coollector the program can load on opening?
When you launch Coollector, it opens the default coollection file. You must replace this default coollection file with your latest backup:
1) locate the default coollection file by clicking the menu "Help->Locate my coollection file". Its name is "MyCoollection.cool", and it's located inside a folder named "Coollector".
2) that folder "Coollector" contains a folder "Backups" where are located your automatic backups.
3) close Coollector, because it wouldn't be possible to replace the default coollection file if it's in use.
4) delete the default coollection file.
5) copy your backup from "Coollector/Backups" to "Coollector".
6) rename this copy "MyCoollection.cool" by removing the number from the name.
7) now that the backup has replaced the default coollection (same place, same name), it will be opened by default
as I've said before, your program is much valued, and is the best I've used so far.
Thank you very much