It is currently Thu Nov 23, 2017 2:08 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 168 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Missing alternate name
PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2015 2:13 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:04 am
Posts: 957
Location: India
tt0040522 The Bicycle Thief [Bicycle Thieves] <Ladri di biciclette> (1948)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Missing alternate name
PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2015 7:25 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:02 pm
Posts: 291
tt0060714 Morgan: A Suitable Case for Treatment [Morgan!] (1966)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Missing alternate name
PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2015 10:59 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2015 5:24 am
Posts: 365
tt3957956 12 Rounds 3: Lockdown


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Missing alternate name
PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2015 11:34 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:20 pm
Posts: 414
Location: France
tt4159182 La dame dans l'auto avec des lunettes et un fusil (2015) -> The Lady in the Car with Glasses and a Gun <La dame dans l'auto avec des lunettes et un fusil> (2015)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Missing alternate name
PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2015 6:11 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:02 pm
Posts: 291
tt0085959 The Meaning of Life [Monty Python's The Meaning of Life] (1983)
tt0079470 Life of Brian [Monty Python's Life of Brian] (1979)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Missing alternate name
PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2015 7:45 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:04 am
Posts: 957
Location: India
The Lion King 3: Hakuna Matata! [The Lion King 3: The Lion King 1 1/2] (2004)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Missing alternate name
PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2016 4:00 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2005 2:28 am
Posts: 5863
iasimov wrote:
tt0085959 The Meaning of Life [Monty Python's The Meaning of Life] (1983)
tt0079470 Life of Brian [Monty Python's Life of Brian] (1979)

Sorry, I won't prepent all the Monty Python movies with "Monty Python's".

http://www.coollector.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1346&p=15326&hilit=Tom+Cruise+presents+Mission+Impossible#p15326


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Missing alternate name
PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2016 1:00 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:02 pm
Posts: 291
tt0270278 Christmas Carol [Rich Little's Christmas Carol] (1978)

In this one-man show starring Rich Little, Ebeneezer Scrooge (played by Rich as W.C. Fields) hates Christmas, and it's up to the Ghosts of Christmas Past (played by Rich as Humphrey Bogart), Present (played by Rich as Columbo) and Future (played by Rich as Inspector Clouseau) to convince him otherwise.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Missing alternate name
PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 6:18 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:02 pm
Posts: 291
tt0085959 The Meaning of Life [Monty Python's The Meaning of Life] (1983)
tt0079470 Life of Brian [Monty Python's Life of Brian] (1979)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Missing alternate name
PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2016 6:13 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:02 pm
Posts: 291
tt1325773 New Terminal Hotel [Do Not Disturb] (2010)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Missing alternate name
PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2016 11:22 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:02 pm
Posts: 291
(cool) Hector wrote:
iasimov wrote:
tt0085959 The Meaning of Life [Monty Python's The Meaning of Life] (1983)
tt0079470 Life of Brian [Monty Python's Life of Brian] (1979)

Sorry, I won't prepent all the Monty Python movies with "Monty Python's".

http://www.coollector.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1346&p=15326&hilit=Tom+Cruise+presents+Mission+Impossible#p15326


Unlike the examples of individuals cited for not adding these requested aka's, "Monty Python" is the group who write, direct, perform, and 'brand' their movies, videos and tv shows. Of their 35+ titles listed by IMDb, all but 9 include "Monty Python" in title. Those 9 prominently display "Monty Python" in the aka.

"Monty Python" appears in 14 titles found in Coollecter v.4.6.7. I think it reasonable to follow the IMDb reference source of record in the case of Monty Python titles and use IMDb aka's. I hope you find merit in this reasoning.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Missing alternate name
PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2016 12:09 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2005 2:28 am
Posts: 5863
iasimov wrote:
Unlike the examples of individuals cited for not adding these requested aka's, "Monty Python" is the group who write, direct, perform, and 'brand' their movies, videos and tv shows.

A single person or a group doesn't make any difference in my reasoning.


iasimov wrote:
"Monty Python" appears in 14 titles found in Coollecter v.4.6.7.

Yes, live performances and documentaries about their career. None of their theatrical movies.

In my opinion, "Monty Python's movie title" is as bad as "Tom Cruise's movie title" or "Wes Craven's movie title".


iasimov wrote:
I think it reasonable to follow the IMDb reference source of record

I don't want our database to have the same mess as the IMDb.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Missing alternate name
PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2016 12:15 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2005 2:28 am
Posts: 5863
You see how you try to force me with the case of the Monty Pythons?

I'm adamant because if I leave the door even slightly opened, there'll be no end to it, people will push wider and wider, and the situation will become unmanageable.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Missing alternate name
PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2016 12:23 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:02 pm
Posts: 291
(cool) Hector wrote:
iasimov wrote:
Unlike the examples of individuals cited for not adding these requested aka's, "Monty Python" is the group who write, direct, perform, and 'brand' their movies, videos and tv shows.

A single person or a group doesn't make any difference in my reasoning.


iasimov wrote:
"Monty Python" appears in 14 titles found in Coollecter v.4.6.7.

Yes, live performances and documentaries about their career. None of their theatrical movies.

In my opinion, "Monty Python's movie title" is as bad as "Tom Cruise's movie title" or "Wes Craven's movie title".


iasimov wrote:
I think it reasonable to follow the IMDb reference source of record

I don't want our database to have the same mess as the IMDb.



In Coollector is it possible to search/filter for all resident Monty Python movies/videos/shows?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Missing alternate name
PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2016 1:58 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2005 2:28 am
Posts: 5863
iasimov wrote:
In Coollector is it possible to search/filter for all resident Monty Python movies/videos/shows?

You're right, it's not possible, but that doesn't change my decision. Adamant, I said ;)


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 168 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  


Powered by phpBB © 2017 phpBB Group