It is currently Thu Jul 25, 2024 8:01 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Export as IMDB list
PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2023 9:01 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2022 11:31 pm
Posts: 452
Is it is possible you could add an "Export as IMDB list" function? There's scripts to import IMDB lists onto IMDB after exporting them from IMDB. Example of what it looks like:

Code:
1,tt8880894,2023-11-16,2023-11-16,,Living with Yourself,https://www.imdb.com/title/tt8880894/,tvSeries,7.2,26,2019,"Comedy, Drama, Sci-Fi",34673,2019-10-18,,,
2,tt0289800,2023-11-16,2023-11-16,,O Clone,https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0289800/,tvSeries,8.1,60,2001,"Drama, Romance, Sci-Fi",3263,2001-10-01,,,
3,tt1596029,2023-11-16,2023-11-16,,El Clon,https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1596029/,tvSeries,6.7,43,2010,Drama,467,2010-02-15,,,
4,tt1169424,2023-11-16,2023-11-16,,Clone,https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1169424/,tvSeries,5.2,30,2008,"Comedy, Sci-Fi",239,2008-11-17,,,
5,tt5214252,2023-11-16,2023-11-16,,Watashi wo hanasanai de,https://www.imdb.com/title/tt5214252/,tvMiniSeries,7.2,54,2016,"Drama, Romance, Sci-Fi",236,2016-01-15,,,
6,tt0101594,2023-11-16,2023-11-16,,The Cloning of Joanna May,https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0101594/,tvMiniSeries,6.5,180,1992,Sci-Fi,81,1992-01-25,,,
7,tt2234222,2023-11-16,2023-11-16,,Orphan Black,https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2234222/,tvSeries,8.3,44,2013,"",115382,2013-03-30,,,

I tested. You can remove most of that data, so:

Code:
7,tt2234222,,,,,,,,,,"",,,,,

This still works.

So you'd only need to copy and paste the IMDB link and ID with all the commas. The site only reads the "tt2234222" ID at the start. If the IMDB link provided by Coollector doesn't exist anymore, it just stalls on the line - so it also might be a useful way to find dead links.


Last edited by Skavau on Fri Nov 17, 2023 3:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Export as IMDB list
PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2023 2:48 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2005 2:28 am
Posts: 7753
Skavau wrote:
There's scripts to import IMDB lists onto IMDB

From what I understand, those are not scripts provided by the IMDb, it's just some kind of a hack.

I don't feel comfortable adding such a weird feature. I don't even understand the point of doing this (your explanation is welcome). Apart from you, I don't think there's much demand for such a feature.

If you'd like to make this kind of operation for yourself, I suggest you write a script that would transform the CSV file exported by Coollector to give it the format you want, it's almost trivial to do.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Export as IMDB list
PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2023 2:58 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2022 11:31 pm
Posts: 452
(cool) Hector wrote:
Skavau wrote:
There's scripts to import IMDB lists onto IMDB

From what I understand, those are not scripts provided by the IMDb, it's just some kind of a hack.

I don't feel comfortable adding such a weird feature. I don't even understand the point of doing this (your explanation is welcome). Apart from you, I don't think there's much demand for such a feature.

If you'd like to make this kind of operation for yourself, I suggest you write a script that would transform the CSV file exported by Coollector to give it the format you want, it's almost trivial to do.


Well just if anyone wanted to copy a list they made on Coollector onto their IMDB.

And it's not an issue of file format, but the way in which Coollector records it.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Export as IMDB list
PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2023 3:55 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2005 2:28 am
Posts: 7753
Thank you for the suggestion, but I doubt I'll ever add that feature. There's like a million other things that are higher on my todo list.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Export as IMDB list
PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2023 1:46 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2005 2:28 am
Posts: 7753
(cool) Hector wrote:
There's like a million other things that are higher on my todo list.

Talking about upcoming features, there's one that is related to IMDb lists, but in reverse of your suggestion. It's not at the top of my todo list, but I plan to import IMDb lists as a way to quickly and easily tag a bunch of movies. For example you could quickly tag "Christmas Movies", "Alien Invasion", "Vampires", etc...

You could import a user's list, for example:

https://www.imdb.com/list/ls060097371/

Or you could import an IMDb keyword list, for example:

https://www.imdb.com/search/keyword/?keywords=vampire

You'd just have to paste the address of the list.

We might even have a repository where users would contribute the most useful lists they've discovered.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Export as IMDB list
PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2023 4:14 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2022 11:31 pm
Posts: 452
(cool) Hector wrote:
(cool) Hector wrote:
There's like a million other things that are higher on my todo list.

Talking about upcoming features, there's one that is related to IMDb lists, but in reverse of your suggestion. It's not at the top of my todo list, but I plan to import IMDb lists as a way to quickly and easily tag a bunch of movies. For example you could quickly tag "Christmas Movies", "Alien Invasion", "Vampires", etc...

You could import a user's list, for example:

https://www.imdb.com/list/ls060097371/

Or you could import an IMDb keyword list, for example:

https://www.imdb.com/search/keyword/?keywords=vampire

You'd just have to paste the address of the list.

We might even have a repository where users would contribute the most useful lists they've discovered.


Well I've just done a (relatively) quick way of converting Coollector exports into an IMDB-ready list into import with 3-4 steps but it confuses me (speaking of IMDB) why they let you /EXPORT/ a list but don't have an in-house /IMPORT/.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Export as IMDB list
PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2023 8:06 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2005 2:28 am
Posts: 7753
Skavau wrote:
Well I've just done a (relatively) quick way of converting Coollector exports into an IMDB-ready list into import with 3-4 steps

Great!


Skavau wrote:
but it confuses me (speaking of IMDB) why they let you /EXPORT/ a list but don't have an in-house /IMPORT/.
Dunno :sorry:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Export as IMDB list
PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2023 9:44 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2022 11:31 pm
Posts: 452
Also, unrelated, but do you occasionally push new films/shows in before updates? I see the new Lawman show has appeared for me.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Export as IMDB list
PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2023 9:50 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2005 2:28 am
Posts: 7753
Updates is the only moment when movies are added. Between updates, the only things that can be adjusted are IMDb ratings, series episodes, airing dates, and of course pictures.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  


Powered by phpBB © 2024 phpBB Group