It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:23 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Conflicting Data and Many Questions
PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 11:47 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:08 am
Posts: 4
Hi Hector,

I don't get to be online that much so I spend a lot of time adding all my movies, 1500+, to the coollector database. So, while going through adding my movies I found some conflicting data: :?

1) The actor Brad Renfro - Listed as having died 6 years ago at 25 but have him listed in a new movie of 2010 (Never Sleep Again: The Elm Street Legacy) - ???

2) The movie: Hansel and Gretel: Warriors of Witchcraft (2013) - Has the wrong picture listed as the cover for the dvd. (I have fixed it on my end but I wanted you to know)

3) A boy and his dog (A Boy and His Dog (1975) [0001997].jpg) is the wrong image.

Now for the questions.

1) It would be nice to be able to select and copy the description information, can you add something for that?

2) Can you put in the ability to add or change a tag and add filter info to multiple movies at once? A "Tag Dropdown List" with the ability to click to add more then one tag if there are many, like when you click on the (To:) in email like yahoo, it brings up a list and you just click on the one(s) you want or type it in yourself with (,) to separate it.

3) I figured out how to add pictures myself to your database because I can't always get online. I also don't have much mb download space, so my question is, the pictures you currently have, how up-do-date are they and do I have to download ALL, the zipped-photos files again from your site to update mine?

4) How do you add pictures to the owned that don't have one? I'm talking about like when you add from scratch, the top left corner where there is the picture of the cover of the dvd. I would like to eventually add a picture to those when they don't have one. How can I add one manually or can you add an option like the ability to Shift or Ctrl - click like the others?

Sorry for the lengthy Post, I love this database and would like to help improve it in any way I can. I have a lot of movies and I could help add to your photo collection by taking snapshots from movies, to add to the Character photo, when I can. Then send you the photos once I get a collection of them.

Anyway, I know this is a lot to take in, thanks again for all your hard work!

Phil :D


Attachments:
File comment: This one is in reference to Question 4, the red circle
Owner Example.jpg
Owner Example.jpg [ 533.99 KiB | Viewed 1509 times ]
File comment: Wrong main cover for - A Boy and His Dog (1975) [0001997].jpg

See #3 of Conflicting data

A boy and his dog.jpg
A boy and his dog.jpg [ 351.49 KiB | Viewed 1509 times ]

_________________
Sherekhan


Last edited by philm8888 on Sat Jan 18, 2014 2:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Conflicting Data and Many Questions
PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 1:33 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2005 2:28 am
Posts: 5862
philm8888 wrote:
The actor Brad Renfro - Listed as having died 6 years ago at 25 but have him listed in a new movie of 2010 (Never Sleep Again: The Elm Street Legacy) - ???

He's credited for an archive footage (probably the new movie shows an excerpt from one of his movies).


philm8888 wrote:
The movie: Hansel and Gretel: Warriors of Witchcraft (2013) - Has the wrong picture listed as the cover for the dvd. (I have fixed it on my end but I wanted you to know)

There's no problem on my side. Probably you had a wrong picture saved on your disk, and you had to press the F5 key to force the picture to be downloaded again.


philm8888 wrote:
It would be nice to be able to select and copy the description information, can you add something for that?

You're lucky, it's a feature that I will add very soon. You'll be able to select and copy the description information, and even to add your own description.


philm8888 wrote:
Can you put in the ability to add or change a tag and add filter info to multiple movies at once?

I'm not sure if that's what you mean, but I will add a keyboard shortcut to remove or edit a tag everywhere it's present.

http://www.coollector.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1299&p=11393&hilit=add+a+way+to+modify+or+delete+a+tag#p11393


philm8888 wrote:
the ability to click to add more then one tag if there are many

Here's the most efficient way to edit the tags of several movies: you edit the tags of the first movie, then copy the value into the clipboard, then go to the next movie and press CONTROL + T to make appear the tags, then paste the value, etc...


philm8888 wrote:
the pictures you currently have, how up-do-date are they and do I have to download ALL, the zipped-photos files again from your site to update mine?

The zipped photos are a bit old. Some of them might have changed, and most importantly, all the newer photos are missing. My plan is to regularly release an addendum zip file, but I'm afraid I've been too busy to do it yet.


philm8888 wrote:
How do you add pictures to the owned that don't have one?

The picture of your owned video depends on the barcode value. You can click the barcode field to select the barcode of the cover that you like the most.


philm8888 wrote:
I love this database and would like to help improve it in any way I can. I have a lot of movies and I could help add to your photo collection by taking snapshots from movies, to add to the Character photo, when I can. Then send you the photos once I get a collection of them.

That would be great!

Here is how you can contribute pictures:

http://www.coollector.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=116

You can even earn a free license (for you or your friends) by contributing character pictures:

http://www.coollector.com/earn.html


philm8888 wrote:
thanks again for all your hard work!

:D


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Conflicting Data and Many Questions
PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 3:01 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:08 am
Posts: 4
Thanks for replying so fast, the information was quite helpful thank you. :D

I have about 400+ movies added so far, I have 1100+ more to go. The task is quite intimidating, but it is fun too because I keep finding more movies that I want to get. I wish I could get more internet time then I do now but when I can, it's on!

I will send a batch of photos when I get a good collection. I am working on it now.

Thanks again. :V:

_________________
Sherekhan


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Conflicting Data and Many Questions
PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 6:26 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 24, 2010 5:21 pm
Posts: 435
Location: Netherlands
(cool) Hector wrote:
philm8888 wrote:
It would be nice to be able to select and copy the description information, can you add something for that?

You're lucky, it's a feature that I will add very soon. You'll be able to select and copy the description information, and even to add your own description.


Wow,...

Thats great news, can´t wait for it !!

_________________
The problem with doiing nothing is, you never know when you'll be ready


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Conflicting Data and Many Questions
PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 6:53 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2005 2:28 am
Posts: 5862
Skinamp wrote:
Wow,...

Thats great news, can´t wait for it !!

It was annouced here:

http://www.coollector.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=846&p=11266&hilit=plot+movie+separate+window#p11266

8)


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  


Powered by phpBB © 2017 phpBB Group