It is currently Thu Nov 23, 2017 2:05 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: António Lopes Ribeiro (Portuguese Cinema)
PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 9:57 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 08, 2010 12:55 pm
Posts: 9
Location: Lisboa, Portugal
Hello there, Hector

I notice that António Lopes Ribeiro (a portuguese director and producer) is listed as a living person, aged 102. In fact he died in April 1995 - I'm not able, at this point, to tell you the exact day, still it seems he was yet to complete 87 years of age. So, António Lopes Ribeiro lived between 16-April-1908 and April-1995, having died aged 86.
Concerning his filmography, as a director, it's a bit larger than what is posted in Coollector's database. I will only list his fiction movies (he also directed dozens of documentaries and propaganda films):
* Primo Basílio, O (1959) * Frei Luís de Sousa (1950) * Vizinha do Lado, A (1945) * Amor de Perdição (1943) [UK, Int: Love of Perdition / US: Ill-fated Love] * Pai Tirano, O (1941) [Int: Tyrannical Father, The]* Gado Bravo (1934)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: António Lopes Ribeiro (Portuguese Cinema)
PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 11:06 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2005 2:28 am
Posts: 5863
jpt wrote:
I notice that António Lopes Ribeiro (a portuguese director and producer) is listed as a living person, aged 102. In fact he died in April 1995 - I'm not able, at this point, to tell you the exact day, still it seems he was yet to complete 87 years of age. So, António Lopes Ribeiro lived between 16-April-1908 and April-1995, having died aged 86.

It's a problem I'm aware of. For the moment, I discard all the dates where the day is missing, but I need to change that behaviour somehow, as it leads to problems like this one...


jpt wrote:
Concerning his filmography, as a director, it's a bit larger than what is posted in Coollector's database. I will only list his fiction movies (he also directed dozens of documentaries and propaganda films):
* Primo Basílio, O (1959) * Frei Luís de Sousa (1950) * Vizinha do Lado, A (1945) * Amor de Perdição (1943) [UK, Int: Love of Perdition / US: Ill-fated Love] * Pai Tirano, O (1941) [Int: Tyrannical Father, The]* Gado Bravo (1934)

Here you can request movies to be added:

http://www.coollector.com/116_0.html

Please be kind with us... Don't request more than 50 movies at a time :)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 12:50 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 08, 2010 12:55 pm
Posts: 9
Location: Lisboa, Portugal
I see what you mean. If I find any further info about the date in question I will surely return here.

As to the movies, sorry, I forgot there was a specific thread for such requests.

I truly promise not to request more than 49 at a time... :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 1:10 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2005 2:28 am
Posts: 5863
jpt wrote:
I see what you mean. If I find any further info about the date in question I will surely return here.

Don't worry about it. As I said, I need to change the way I currently discard some dates, and that goes for many other persons.

jpt wrote:
I truly promise not to request more than 49 at a time... :lol:

Of course, 50 is an estimate. :D

We're a very small team (2 persons)...

I know that our database is currently lacking many portuguese movies, but unfortunately that's not something we can fix overnight.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 5:36 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 08, 2010 12:55 pm
Posts: 9
Location: Lisboa, Portugal
Quote:
We're a very small team (2 persons)...

A small team doing a great job.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 6:18 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2005 2:28 am
Posts: 5863
jpt wrote:
Quote:
We're a very small team (2 persons)...

A small team doing a great job.

Thank you :shy:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 11:17 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2005 2:28 am
Posts: 5863
The new database no more discards a date if the day is missing.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  


Powered by phpBB © 2017 phpBB Group