It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:36 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Let Us Turn OFF Predicted
PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2015 5:21 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:47 pm
Posts: 6
-titel- :sos:
please can u just make a button to turn off predictions.
this feature was added after i bought Coollector, tbh i just dont want it.
igot 1200rated movies resulting in 5000 movies in predicted...i doubt i will watch them.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Let Us Turn OFF Predicted
PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2015 6:44 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2005 2:28 am
Posts: 5861
KingKrump wrote:
please can u just make a button to turn off predictions.

It's not a button, it's a keyboard shortcut: to turn off the predictions, you press CONTROL + P.

You first choose to disable the automatic update of the predictions, then you choose to remove the current predictions.


KingKrump wrote:
igot 1200rated movies resulting in 5000 movies in predicted...i doubt i will watch them.

The predictions are meant to help you decide if a movie is worth watching or not. Personally, it's my favorite feature, but as you can see I don't force it on you.

P.S: with 1200 rated movies, I'm surprised that you get only 5000 predictions. It's probably a sign that your ratings are not very coherent, and indeed you won't get accurate predictions if you don't rate accurately.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Let Us Turn OFF Predicted
PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2015 9:06 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:47 pm
Posts: 6
thx that helps

KingKrump wrote:
's probably a sign that your ratings are not very coherent, and indeed you won't get accurate predictions if you don't rate accurately.


I know u put alot of work in this feature evry update and the software is great and im using it ALOT!!
after 2years of work rating evry dvd i own i think my ratings are more on point than random imdb ratings,its just that if u bad rate Jerry Bruckheimer u suddenly get evrything predicted that jerry bruckheimer does atm, like CSI:Cyber for what reason ever. I bad rated him already!! Mayb predicted should look up my rating first ... it doesnt even warn me!So my predictions are 80% people is bad rated in my own database. logic? screenshot? sure!
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Let Us Turn OFF Predicted
PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2015 9:12 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:47 pm
Posts: 6
thx that helps

KingKrump wrote:
's probably a sign that your ratings are not very coherent, and indeed you won't get accurate predictions if you don't rate accurately.


I know u put alot of work in this feature evry update and the software is great and im using it ALOT!!
after 2years of work rating evry dvd i own i think my ratings are more on point than random imdb ratings,its just that if u bad rate Jerry Bruckheimer u suddenly get evrything predicted that jerry bruckheimer does atm, like CSI:Cyber for what reason ever. I bad rated him already!! Mayb predicted should look up my rating first ... it doesnt even warn me!So my predictions are 80% people is bad rated in my own database. logic? screenshot? sure!
http://i.imgur.com/Btw15cq.png?2


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Let Us Turn OFF Predicted
PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2015 9:48 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2005 2:28 am
Posts: 5861
KingKrump wrote:
after 2years of work rating evry dvd i own i think my ratings are more on point than random imdb ratings

From my experience, with 1200 rated movies, you should get between 8,000 and 10,000 predictions. It's a bit strange that you get only 5,000. It's possible, but it's strange...


KingKrump wrote:
if u bad rate Jerry Bruckheimer u suddenly get evrything predicted that jerry bruckheimer does atm, like CSI:Cyber for what reason ever.

When you rate a person, that doesn't have any effect on the predictions. Only your movie ratings are taken into account. The algorithm that makes the predictions doesn't look at the cast of a movie at all. The algorithm compares your taste to the taste of other persons. If a person has the same taste as you and that person has seen a movie that you haven't seen, it's very likely that you'll rate that movie the same when you'll see it. Of course, it's a bit more complex, but that's roughly the idea.


KingKrump wrote:
Mayb predicted should look up my rating first ... it doesnt even warn me!

Sorry, I don't understand this part.


KingKrump wrote:
So my predictions are 80% people is bad rated in my own database. logic?

As I said, the predictions are about the movies, not about the persons.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Let Us Turn OFF Predicted
PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2015 9:55 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2005 2:28 am
Posts: 5861
What am I supposed to see on your screenshot?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Let Us Turn OFF Predicted
PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2015 7:04 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:47 pm
Posts: 6
screenshot = 3bad ratings resulting in a prediction...no positive rating

ok let me explain my point:
if movie X got a producer i dont like & a director i hate and maybe an actor i cant stand: it should NOT be predicted

(thats what i mean with personal ratings first)

When you rate a person, that doesn't have any effect on the predictions....BUT IT SHOULD

sry for my short langu but engl isnt my main langu.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Let Us Turn OFF Predicted
PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2015 1:53 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2005 2:28 am
Posts: 5861
KingKrump wrote:
screenshot = 3bad ratings resulting in a prediction...no positive rating

Ok, now I understand your screenshot, but you're wrong.

Rating persons doesn't have any effect on the predictions. You can get predictions even if you've rated zero persons.


KingKrump wrote:
if movie X got a producer i dont like & a director i hate and maybe an actor i cant stand: it should NOT be predicted

When you rate a person, that doesn't have any effect on the predictions....BUT IT SHOULD

I disagree. If you've seen a person in some bad movies, you consider that this person will never be in a good movie. I'm afraid that's too simplistic. Even if your asumption is often true, it could also be wrong, and you could miss a great movie just because the cast includes a person that you don't like.

The way our predictions work is completely different. In the end, what's important is whether the predictions are accurate or not. Have you seen House of Cards? Do you think it's a bad series?

Personally, I get incredibly accurate predictions. If the predictions you get are all wrong, there has to be a problem somewhere...

It's too bad that you didn't publish your coollection online. I would have liked to see the movies you've rated.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  


Powered by phpBB © 2017 phpBB Group